SESC a VESC 6 derivative

SESC Test Duty : 95% VESC Limit : 60,000ERPM Result : About 58,000ERPM

3 Likes

But VESC 6 only has a limit at 150.000 AFAIK :thinking:

The 60.000 limit was from the 4.12 era. I like the small size though. looks very compact

How can I give more than 60,000ERPM input? It is always limited 60,000ERPM in VESC tool

You need to flash with non-default no H/W limit F/W afaik image

1 Like

Thank you. First, I need to fix the firmware. Because the hardware is different.

2 Likes

It was flashed to no hw limit fw binary. but it is still limted to 60000erpm… maybe it’s problem of VESC tool app

Run in foc, the fw limits will not apply. Other limit could be from your motor, you need a high kv high pole count motor.

1 Like

It’s running in foc and motor have 280kv, 14pole It’s enough

Power supply voltage 30-36V?

1 Like

36V/200W power supply

With 50V input voltage, you will reach about 83Kerpm

1 Like

Some pictures

1. size comparison

2. back view

3. left view

4. right view

Made of full metal (aluminum) for good heat dissipation.

The test used VESC Tool to check the change of the FET temperature of the transmission when the motor current was 30A and to check whether the current control was performed when the temperature was increased to the temperature limit. However, too much heat was generated from the motor cable of motor side, I had an interruption. It may need to test the transmission before it can be used in the field.

For reference, if you give foc_openloop 30 50 command in VESC Terminal, motor current 30A, ERPM will be returned to 50.

3 Likes

I try to test with 49V input. 72Kerpm. 720000erpm

What is the calculation formula?

http://calc.esk8.it/ easy way

1 Like

Why does it want to calculate 7 poles without using actual poles? My motor have 14 poles. But the test results are close to what you told me.

7 Pole pairs= 14 poles. Standard pole count for eskate motors

2 Likes

Kv x Volt x polepairs = ERPM

2 Likes

The performance verification of the 36V / 200W power supply used to verify the performance of the VESC 6 clone SESC Because the power and voltage is insufficient, 48V / 600W has received one seat. The voltage was adjusted slightly to match the 95% of the 12S battery to 49V. The motor is BRD5060-280KV, the maximum current is 52A.

First is the maximum ERPM test. ERPM limits can be set on the VESC Tool. Currently, the time limit of 100000 is the maximum value Since it is 80%, it should reach 80000ERPM. Prior to that, depending on the motor performance, 280KV x 49V (input voltage) x 7 (motor pole pair) = 96040 is a physical theory limit.

The test result is about 79000 ERPM which is slightly less than the limit of 80000. We are close to 98% so the result about the rotation speed is satisfactory.

limit_erpm

[erpm test]

Next is the maximum motor current test. It is 52A in the motor specification, but when it is tested for about 20 seconds with 30A in the previous test, Considering the slight smell of burning, we tested only 50A for 10 seconds. The temperature rise of the FET in the transmission suddenly rises. If you watch several vesc monitor videos, you will not be driving more than 10 seconds for more than 50A Assuming that the transmission is driving the motor with sufficient power, it is assumed that the motor is driven. For reference, sometimes video of 100A or more is not a single transmission, but two transmission motor currents.

3 Likes

6 Likes