Selkie: HAYA deck • Hummie hubs • 13S • Proton +++

image https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/4/7/47670607031b5ca8baeda9bd51d79a17594defe9.jpeg Everyone does it differently but I’d skip the kapton tape between all the cells facing the same way and instead put a complete wrapping or maybe something more abrasion resistant between the groups of four cells. The ends of the cell especially. If the four facing the same way break through the sleeve and touch it’s no problem but if different groups of four were to contact then likely a fire. You know.

2 Likes

Rodger that, good advice some fish paper is in the works for that under the yoga mat

The tape in that pic is just to easily pull cells

2 Likes

Practicing yoga to leave a lasting impressionimage

5 Likes

Stand on it and wiggle about a bit to get an imprint without making any template, then trim image

4 Likes

Looks like ur done. Looks nice. How bout a video of northern Ireland as you fly through.

4 Likes

Haya hazard homage @mmaner image

8 Likes

Every time I see this thread I think it says Salma Hayek

10 Likes

I always, and I mean every damned time, read Selling Haya Deck :slight_smile:

10 Likes

It does! Completely intentional

3 Likes

Oh you bad man not yet!!

3 Likes

Hope to make the Conor pass on it on Kerry

2 Likes

Conor pass. I have to see that.

1 Like

If you dtrop to road level in google maps https://goo.gl/maps/RrrDBY6LuK72

3 Likes

If driven it, harsh environment for a board! (Especially with the horizontal sleet)

In summer it’s nice

1 Like

Awesome idea! Like that, it will be really nice. You make my head spin twice with this, I should think about that for the originally planned Burgunboard!..

Do you think, it could be possible to use this on classic board directly under the grip, somethink like Loaded Pushin Cushion ? :smile:

2 Likes

I do this on my decks and put 1/8 and have even done 1/4 inch sponge neoprene from amazon under my grasp just like the pushin cushion and it does wonders for your feet and gives you the ability to ride so much longer without getting that foot ache fatigue. Only works with certain decks I feel but I do it on any board that I can. Highly recommend on builds you travel longer distances with.

2 Likes

I’d say so from what Jansen said, this is really thin closed cell foam in the cheap mat I got, about 3mm uncompressed.

I’m still working it to get happy with the fitment especially around the ends, there’s an assortment of silicone sheet thickness on the way

2 Likes

That’s a pretty view.

You’d have to eskate on the road yes? Would be a bit scary but if you ever organize a group ride of sorts for that with @bigben @brenternet I’d sure like to join you. Never been to Ireland before.

It will take some wife convincing though.

4 Likes

I’ve never skated the pass but I know there are some dh peoply using it, it’s knar even on a bicycle surface it mostly good, it would be a summer attempt fully geared up, anyone welcome to laugh along on a pnummie build for sure

1 Like