RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

@onloop any live updates today?

Going live on favebook in 25mins

Going live in 3 MINS!

I can say without a shadow of doubt, they are wrong. Properly laminated, it will stay together regardless of the order of the layers. however I can say that having the CF on the outer layers makes it much stiffer than having it closer togetherā€¦
On this board, the entire reason for the CF is looks anyway. The board itself is wood. Theres no reason to have inner CF layers unless you want to make the board thinner, and his design doesnt look that way.

Personally, I want him to stop dicking with the design. His largest problem is what we call Feature Creep. You can always make something a little better, so he keeps doing it and doing itā€¦ and then screwing himself over. Every change or public decision will have people for and against it. Some people just want their boards, others want ā€œthe bestā€ but may disagree with what ā€œthe bestā€ is. Each thing he announces, he pretty much has to do or it will piss a good bit of people off. Everything he changes will make it take longer.

for example, he only wants to stock ONE battery. He knows this. We know this. It makes sense for keeping stock. But now that hes opened his mouth, hes in a corner. If he doesnt do the battery upgrade, he will still end up doing it laterā€¦ and have 2 batteries. or if he does it now he has only one and can buy in bigger bulk, etcā€¦ but some people will get the battery free while others paid. Again pissing people off because its unfair. And this whole time, hes pushing the ship date back because hes still changing stuff. Back over a month ago when he did the velodrome video, thats when he should have already ordered the motorsā€¦ back when he redesigned the case, while I do like the new case design, that should already be designed ordered, and on the way to wherever final assembly will be. Now hes redoing the board.

Lets see, new motor, new case, new boardā€¦ its an entirely new design cooked up in the last 3 monthsā€¦ there is no way hes going to get a board made and shipped to me until autumn. (northern hemisphere)

3 Likes

Back on sale! Buy now!!!

Thanks for the info. :slight_smile:

I know. Going to order once I get home from work. Watched his latest facebook video already. Hopefully the amount of people who are willing to buy the pack without having been aware of it is large. Would be a shame if we end up not getting the upgrade implemented.

Hi Jason, i didnā€™t get to ask you on your last live update about the motherboard! will we be able to get to the usb ports on the vesc-x ok it looks tight maybe include an angled micro usb connector which is left connected to each vesc-x so you can access the port easily? nice work so far mate canā€™t wait to get mine.

regards Sanjoy

when 50 people buy a second boostpack then we have the 90% i will buy obe again.

From the livestream, there are 178 boostpacks sold and 322 raptor 2s sold. 178/322 = 55.3%. Need 112 more boostpacks sold to get 90%.

Hopefully 90% Is based off the amount of boards sold at the time the boost pack was released, because we will be constantly chasing 90% every single time someone buys a board.@onloop is the boostpack included in the price of the board if someone buys it now?

We need an angel investor with $$$. Whereā€™s that guy who goes to France on weekends biking??? :slight_smile:

I already paid for the Boostpack at the sale price. I would gladly pay the full price to insure I receive it. I sure hope it happens.

YES(I saw it mentioned earlier somewhere that it would be)

1 Like

That guy already ordered his boosted pack today. I live next to France hence its just a car ride away, but that in no way makes me rich enough to give away money. Letā€™s hope in a weeks time more ordered and we reach the goal :+1:

I think I could offer a counter thought coming from car cultureā€¦Cost, reliability, performanceā€¦pick two. His boards come in much lower on cost compared to competitors, and reliability isnā€™t perfect, but he has a dedicated team to get to the bottom of now and they are helping address issues that do come up but you have to consider this is such a new industry and IMO having personally dealt with enertion theyā€™ve been great and any issues Iā€™ve had have been dealt with in a timely fashion. Sure, itā€™s not perfect but some say evolve/boosted boards are the set bar as far as brands go in the industry and Iā€™ve heard just as many stories if not many many more.

If you guys think Jason is doing it wrong, step up and build a board yourself. That is a big learning curve, Iā€™m sure your board might do a few mph more and do it a little fasterā€¦oh it cost 500 more to do itā€¦oh and you had to learn and build it yourselfā€¦Ok now youā€™ve built your boardā€¦go build a company.

Jason has his ear to the ground on what the people want, hence, this forum. IMO heā€™s killing it. The world of electric motors change day to day and most companies when they get to this level start taking on big investors and letting them call the shots. His investors have always been the people that buy his product. He listens and answers to you guys. Over 90 % of people want the bigger battery pack and are willing to wait. To me, that just is a voice of a democracy of the riders it actually matters to.

I appreciate his openness and his willingness to learn from mistakes. Whenā€™s the last time you saw a company founder come on and tell you how to build a similar product for cheaper and taught you how to do it on youtube? When have you seen them come on and ā€˜publiclyā€™ say hey some stuff came up and it might cause delaysā€¦whatā€™s the groups thoughts? I could be wrong, but Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve yet to see it.

Iā€™m not pro enertion for any reason but I just see a guy like me that just wants to do the best job he can do. No one is perfect but if I was to ever run a company this is how I would want to run it. It wonā€™t be a big pay day for him and heā€™ll catch a lot of crap for it but I think heā€™s trying to build boards the best he can for the people that will use them while trying to create something that will keep him happily mentally not punching a 9 to 5 desk job and still be able to know heā€™s following a passion of his.

10 Likes

That was well written. I agree with you. And Jason has a family to provide for. He does seem passionate about his craft.

I just returned from a ride on my M1. I am looking forward to riding my Raptor 2.

1 Like

So complete noob to the board here. I plunked my money down last week to hold my place in line and added the boost pack in hopes that it gets added. The website was a little confusing regarding the boost pack. I couldnā€™t tell whether it was included in the new price or notā€¦ There should be some clearer language about it. If I hadnā€™t been reading the forum, I wouldnā€™t have known to add it.

I have been using more off the shelf boards to this point. My wife and I have 2 boards a boosted dual and a dual+ from the first generation. Love riding the boards but there were a few improvements that I was looking for that led me to the R2.

-I wanted more speed and the ability to access the software that governs the performance of the motors. I was more than frustrated to find out that boosted puts a limiter on their engines and wonā€™t release the source code to allow you to adjust it. -I needed more distance in a single charge. I work a little over 5 miles from home and was barely able to get the boosted there on eco mode. Iā€™m more of a pedal to the metal kind of guy and want to be able to push full speed on the way to work. -I wanted more of a downhill board built for speed. Ideally, I wanted to use a deck of my choosing like my Sector 9 mini Daisy. The boosted board is more of an all around deck and all of the wiiring runs through the deck itselfā€¦making it impossible to switch out. I do like the new deck design BTW. The shape and micro drops remind me of the downhill decks I was thinking about. Looking forward to riding it.

Thatā€™s why I jumped at the R2. I donā€™t have quite the technical skill of others here and didnā€™t want the steep learning curve to build a custom boardā€¦so this is the next best thing.

The one issue that it didnā€™t resolve (but iā€™m hopeful some of the DIY gurus can assist with here) is being able to use a puck with the remote. When I take a corner at speed, being able to put a glove hand down for support lets me take faster and sharper turns. Itā€™s just next to impossible to do this with a remote in your hand. I gave some serious thought to waiting for the OneWheel+ because it did not have the remote associated and some improved distance.

But it was my need for speed that won out and I opted for the R2. What I will try to do is modify the remote so that I can secure a puck to the bottom of it. My thought I could have the puck on the bottom of my fist with the controller, I could still use it on right turns. It will take some getting used to, but I think its doable. Anyone else have luck with using a downhill puck on their remote hand?

https://www.carvonskates.com/ For remote with puck

1 Like

Interesting site, but not seeing any shots of the remote and a puck. They do a bunch of left turns in the videos, but no rights that I saw. The best pic is the dude on the main page squatting down and grabbing the board with his left hand (can see the puck on that glove) and the remote behind his back (no puck to see there)