Raptor 2.1 Feedback

Did you feel a big smoothness difference between 90 mm and 97mm?

What do you think they are going to send to me? As 2 sets of 100mm outwheel were included into my original order and they remove them from catalog.

1. Do you think they are going to get rid to reduce their stocks and send to me wheels with manufacturing issues?
  2. Send the board w/o the optional set of wheels and postpone to next months/years when an updated version will be probably available?
  3. Charge back my credit card?

they will do 2.

as I understand they never ship additional wheels, remotes and stuff with the raptor 2.1. they said it would raise shipping costs for them.

but maybe @CarlCollins can tell us if the crossover wheels are discontinued.

Perhaps but they charge me for 2 pack of them. So, or they send Crossover wheels free of defects or they charge back my credit card.

They are shining by their communication on this post.

I meant they will send you the wheels but separate - there is no space in the raptor box for spare wheels. the wheel issues (cracks and chunking) are more related to the normal streetwheels and not the crossovers.

1 Like

Ok, according to Sean’s feedback, their motor are not reliable at all, will crossover wheels be usefull? Can I use them with standard roads?

My first 2.1 had several issues like the backtruck was not centered and off to one side a few milimeters, one of the motors made a loud knocking sound and was overheating bad after minutes into the ride, lots of cosmetic imperfections, scratches, griptape skewed to one side and wobbly wheels. And in january the firmware still had the thermalthrottling issues so my raptor was shockingly weak. It was just a mess so I had to RMA it.

Like Sean I see the main problems with the motors but who knows how they are now a few months later.

Personally I dont see any purpose for the crossover wheels but they do work fine on tarmac.

1 Like

Especially the crossovers. Those are the worst of the bunch. :wink:

1 Like

It’s a great board minus the motors. The motors are supposed to be what makes the board great. Which isn’t the case.

1 Like

No they won’t. They are the absolute worst wheels ever made in the history of skateboard wheels. Just look at the wear on these. These wheels are 27 days old. The rear outwheels wear so fast that the rear of the board actually lowers and because of the uneven wear it’s a horrible ride. It’s not like you can rotate them. Don’t waste your money.

6 Likes

Holy shit

Were you doing burnouts with those wheels? :laughing:

2 Likes

Nope. Just riding to and from work 5 days a week. Around 7 miles a day in the city of Portland. Probably only around 175-190 miles on them.

1 Like

Christ :man_facepalming:

I thought my evolve 107s looked meh for their measly 100 miles (almost no chunking, just a slice or two in the urethane and general disbeautification (new word, suck it Oxford) of the wheels

That’s something else though

2 Likes

It’s easier to drive on bad roads, but they feel harder too.

Wheels are not discontinued, they will be back soon once new batch is inbound

Hi @CarlCollins, nice to get the voice of someone from Enertion for the first time into one of my chained question.

I therefore remain unsatisfied as you are speaking about new batch only. please, as many owners and customers are not optimistic on your transparency, can you go deeper into your notification?

List of questions:

1. Did you change the formula and specification of the crossover wheels to fix the issues seen above?

2. Why did you remove crossover wheel from your catalog, while you are not doing the same when Raptors are out of stock?

3. Reading this chained messages it appears that QC are the lightest one I’ve never seen. Can you respond and explain how are you driving them? rather than a parabole “We are doing all the requested to 
” it is not enough to let us come back into the zone of confidence.

4. Go deeper into your notification, we are pending for months, getting faulty arguments as unique answer. We spent hundreds or thousands of bucks. It would be easy to trust back in you if you are taking the decision to share with us what’s happened.

• Perhaps you had to switch subcontractors for the motors, trucks, wheels

• Perhaps you improved your QC as the quality was not satisfying,
  • Perhaps you run some tests and heat is under control, let us now if now motors are X°C cooler on the same run, let us know if range increase is Y% from previous series, let us know if wheels are able to run more than YYY kms without cracking. Its important to get this level of information, as currently Enertion is a brand for out of the Boxe demonstration on youtube only, please fix this bad notoriety before it will be too late.

Please answer to the questions and bullet points above.

Sincerely,

Fred. Alias Pura-Vida!

5 Likes

My friend. These questions have been covered 3000 times here and your use of bullet points will not resolve the plethora of issues the raptor platform is experiencing, and has been experiencing for years.

It’s a bad buy, that’s the up and down of it. The issue is, I’m not sure if there’s an equivalent “good buy” out there commercially right now either.

Quality compromises or DIY. That’s the choice here.

4 Likes

This is a good buy https://electricboardsolutions.com/collections/kits/products/mr-torque-complete-eskate :smiley:

5 Likes

I have faith in your kit FrĂ©dĂ©ric but I’m referring to a larger scale, international offering with worldwide support.

2 Likes

the raptor battery is ok, unity controller is top, deck is well
 matter of taste, wheels are horrible, motors are bad. communication is top crippled by horrendous deliverytimes and delays after delays.

enertion is working on the wheels forever now but the motors are the main issue. its not just done with another design or manufacturer
 hub motors are not a good idea for highpowered boards
 Hummies, what else does work wth 12s/13s?

the enertion frontwheels are fine (minus wobbly wheels) the motorwheels are awful. problem is the heat of the motors going into the thane.

we will see a real direct drive from enertion in the future I bet they are working on it already. jason even claimed the torqueboards DD are essentially an old raptor 2.0 motor with a big bearing - out of the same factory.

but even if all hardware issues are resolved, I still dont like the ride of the raptor. it feels sluggish and carving is just bad with one of the backwheels in the air in every sharp turn - its just unbalanced with too narrow trucks imo.

If you dont want diy, but real support and low/medium power and range is enough, I recommend an exway x1 pro atm.

2 Likes