Raptor 2.1 Feedback

Hi @brenternet,

The problem is that I’ve discovered this forum few weeks after my order, and not before, I am spending time to read posts here, and try to draw a decision tree to build/manage a plan B and reduce damages and deceptions.

Also, I do not understand how a company is able to manage its business such a bad way, they are doing the wrong technical, manufacturing and communication choices. each of them standalone can get real damage to a business, but all 3 together is the best way to kill definitively their business. Even if they own gold nugget into their catalog (Unity), a company with a very bad reputation is loosing customers, missing new contracts, and loosing money with maintenance, and looking for new sub-contractor each time a new batch is going on production is a good candidate for liquidation, isn’t it?

I am currently taking in consideration the DIY, and hybrid solution: I will publish certainly a specification document, and why not a request for proposal will follow as a second step. the main objectif will not cost saving, but the right balance between, pleasure, performance, reliability, cost and efficiency (no order yet into this list)

Get your raptor first, ride it and you might love it. This is all premature buddy.

Everything in esk8 takes 5 times longer, you’ve got to sit back and let it happen.

Not sure it is the best solution, as when crackying, heating, faulty Raptor will be here, around 1.5 k€ will be out of my bank definitively. Even if saving money is not my main objective, philanthropy is not my religion even during Easter period.

We’re going off topic now so I’ll drop it here, food for thought though.

I have about 2.2k worth of parts sitting on the shelves in this room that I ordered in error, did not need or changed my mind on. Esk8 in it’s current form, DIY or not, is expensive, slow and at times painful.

You’re going to need to adjust your approach here or you’re in for a bad time. Best of luck, I genuinely hope the raptor works out for you.

5 Likes

OK let go back to topic, Raptor 2.1 feedback and let this topic to be completed with mitigation as an edge effect of feedback, do you agree?

Thank you,

still no board, no tracking number nothing. and I see they have the boards in stock at fatdaddy amsterdam so what is going on again… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

You’re right, both web and shop get stock look at the screenshop few minutes ago April 24th lunch time (12:28), it is time stamped as I capture also the clock!

Its shows “in stock” since early march

Apples vs pears

Modern, discrete, inbuilt enclosure with fast but hot & not efficient Hub direct drive board with wobbly Chinese thane assembled by underpaid, careless Chinese sub-contractors with a Unity heart of gold. Space cell good afaik. Reports of being thrown off possibly due to remote receiver placement, safety needs to be paramount, you can’t hospitalise customers.

Vs

Belt driven quality components(with ok but meh ESCs) on known premium thane, assembled by dedicated esk8 business owner

I’d prefer option 2, especially if needed to commute, but can really understand wanting option (1) if only the sum of the parts matched expectations…that thane tho

Raptor 2.2 may be the solution

2 Likes

Raptor 2.2 - dual 6374 with belt/gear drive. :smile:

3 Likes

I dont know what constitutes a numerical change to the name of your board, but if the way it’s been going is the way it continues, 2.3 is probably going to be the killer version we all want to see.

raptor 3.0 - direct drive with real thane. 100% :wink:

1 Like

Belt drive is going backwards for enertion and gear drive would be as big a mistake as trying to make high powered hubs. Basically a flawed design that no amount of refining will fix. If you buy a raptor and ride it once in awhile nice and easy and give it some stick every now and then you will love it. You hammer the hell out of it all the time in r spec mode and you will overheat the motors. Its a thing you can’t cure no matter what kind of heat sink/ cooling device you employ. The motors are simply too powerful for hub drives. Gear drive would be as big a mistake right now. Untested and not yet reliable enough to sink 100s of thousands of dollars into.
Same motors in a direct drive configuration might be the answer.
Massive power and they do have massive power on a direct drive set up with some labeda urethane would be the best option for the raptor 3. No over heating, no wobbly crap wheels and fully on trend decent kit. Lets face it the raptor 2.1 on paper is a great unit if it only lived up to its spec sheet. Who doesn’t want a pre built with a unity and 30q battery? I’ve got a feeling that direct drives have been on the cards for enertion for a while now and thats why the whole torqueboards legal threats have been initiated.

Hope so.

5 Likes

Bioboard equipped with direct drive from Torqueboards

The thing is the hubs get hot even if you’re cruising. 7km in average speed of 20km/h and they reach 100°C. The silver motors are a step backwards compared to the old motors I fear. People gotten 17km max range in slow mode. Enertion was in a hurry to get those motors out. I hope they can solve this before their reputation gets damaged even further.

2 Likes

Look out. Mr Potter is awake and its late in the evening. I’m off to get a beer.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback, our team of support staff and engineers work tirelessly every day to make better products and we have a proven track record for making incremental improvements and market leading products.

We are listening to everyone carefully, however please try to be objective, Don’t Comment if you don’t own a raptor or have first hand experience.

Now take a deep breath & Watch the video below, there are no other direct drive hub motor Skateboards on the market that can do this, the Raptor is a beast!

However I will agree with some commentry above, raptor is not yet perfect and probably never will be, there is not a single brand of Electric Skateboard on this planet that is failure proof. They all fail, skateboards in general will always break, I’ve skated for 30years and broken every Skateboard I have ever owned at sometime during their lifespan.

Please take a moment and acknowledge that there is not a single person here that will claim they have an absolute bullet proof, indestructible, 100% perfectly reliable esk8.

Fortunately we have up to 24months warranty and a global network of repair agents and 24/7 chat Support. We are also non-stop working on ways to make the products we sell better.

4 Likes

Come on Mr. Potter did you hired a PR agent?
The thing is not that but how fast they break. I would have liked to hear what improvements you will make to the motors that they come close to what is claimed in Enertions advertisements.

1 Like

Just a quick reminder,

If you are a legitimate raptor owner and do have a legitimate problem and want to give a factual account of the fault that you have experienced please email us at [email protected]

Rest assured, If you have a valid warranty in place we will repair or replace any faulty part free of charge. In most cases we will send you a complete replacement if that is faster.

Don’t think thats very fair. You should include those born out of wedlock to be honest. Harsh evangelistic warranty restrictions are not going to win you any friends here.
We’re all bastards.

5 Likes