Raptor 2.1 Feedback

Conclusion avoid buying a raptor if you actually want to ride this summer. Problem after problem, when will it end?

Enertion focboxes and unity are great tough. :+1:

3 Likes

Not as heavy as I thought, and I have two left hands. :grin:

The first wheel after 15min and the second one directly on it the first time.

1 Like

Resistance is around 45mĪ©, 85-90KV.

1 Like

Yep. I had 6 of the black motors and can verify that they were way better in terms of heat and power. The new ones are way worse in comparison. It literally seems like they care less and less about quality.

1 Like

If you have seen enertions china trip on youtube you saw how it goesā€¦ they got the new silver motors to their assembly team, assembled a complete board and jason was testing it behind the factory in a parking lot. Like ā€œI guess its the same power maybe a bit moreā€ and on they went to slap these motors on the raptors.

Does a proper betatest, QC process look like that? Nobody saw overheating, thermalthrottling and a decline in range? 14km range advertised as ā€œup to 40kmā€. 40km IS the theoretical value with a 430wh battery and that alone proves just how inefficient these motors are.

I really wish my replacement raptor is in good shape and I will be more than happy to report anything positive I will experience with itā€¦ but I need a board to do that.

5 Likes

Hi guys,

the more I read the more my dreams are moving to nightmareā€¦ Initially my questions were dealing with delays only, then some questions about how to protect my board as enertion were unable to share some experience or best practicing topics, then it was with range and bugs with control. I was discovering issues reading this forum post by post, and I can resume it like this: the deeper my read is the darker my future willā€¦

Then it was the wheels, motors and heat, and now lake of transparencyā€¦

2 options are onto the critical path:

1. I decide to continue with them, and cross my finger expecting that all the troubles with manufacturing or design are fixed now
  2. I cancel the order, and request to get my money back and accept to loose 20% of my command on the board, and nothing on the spare wheels as they are not into their catalog anymore.

If theyā€™d be tough and reliable, I will continue with them without interrogation. But this is not the reality.

I know that unlike brave will do, no Enertion staff will answer to this mail with engagements written on the stone, so riders, I need your feedback.

Thanks,

Fred.

PS: I register in .club but Iā€™ve never received confirmation email (Iā€™ve repeated 3 times for 2h)

If i were you i would cancel the order and go the diy route or get a complete board from @e.board_solutions.

My first diy (dual 6355, 10s4p battery and 90mm wheels) was trouble free and i didnt have to touch anything for 1000km , belts are relable if you do the adjustment right. My first DIY is still on the same belts and they have been fine for 10000km + now. Oh and the range was 30-40km on a regular ride. I do use enertion focboxes on all my builds, cuz they are super good and very reliable!

4 Likes

If money is an issue and you only want one board maybe cancelling is an option.

I stay with the enertion guys. I am following them for years and I want them to succeed. We have enough of these cheap chinese boards and I think a real board with power, real components and good service on the market does help all of us.

yes it is frustrating at the moment and no end in sight but I still believe they can turn it around. I was and will be harsh but I think it can only get better in terms of QC and Service. would I buy a raptor today? No. But somehow I want to be part of it and after almost a year of waiting I will pull through.

1 Like

Hi McErono,

Usually I will take the same path than yours, as I like the guys who are minded with a startup spirit and take risks. But in another hand I hate vendors on which I cannot trust in. I use to manage teams with large and international projects, I can listen to and manage errors, but only one thing is unrecoverable: not tell the truth, not admit that the fault is on our side, forget to notice about risks.

Money, is not a problem, except when the guy in front of me is not honest. I will accept to pay 20 times the initial price to a lawer if I can stop and put him in jail.

Well theyā€™re not good at the moment but shit just happens, even to the biggest comapny, imagine you buy $2000 booster board and then they recall the battery packs and you canā€™t ride it until you get a replacement(that happened).

Also they tried:

but they were just not allowed to help you.

1 Like

Do you think TB DD is a good choice for motor Swap on the raptor?

Perhaps, this is a third option. Swap the Purgatory (in French I will say band of loser professionals) and Eden, I am thinking about it. Are TB DD embedded or hub motors or are they using pulley? Sorry I am novice in esk8, so vocabulary, brand, models, is not natural.

Just throwing a thought out there, no idea how it would actually work.

What if you just do a charge back on enertion? Surely they canā€™t take the 20% from the credit card company :thinking:

Sorry I do not understand charge back?

Enertion took the money from my Visa credit card in October/November. So 100% of the bill is into their bank except if they travelled to Fiji for Christmas surf session. Few days ago as I was getting no news from them, Iā€™ve requested to get the money back w/o answer from them. They told to me that if I decide to cancel my order they will charge me to 20%. Something like that in EU will go directly to justice as internet transaction are secured and controlled by national and European trading exchange policy.

I would not do that. I dont like the raptor deck and I want 12s. I know its strangeā€¦ why do I hold on to the raptor then?

The TB DD with wheels is half the cost of a custom diy board and this is where these things belong in my opinion. But I am not telling you not doing it! Would be very interesting to see a raptor with TB DD and you could easily sell the raptor motors and trucks.

@Pura-Vida a direct drive (DD) is kind a like hub motor but the wheels are not on the motor but mounted on the outside. So they run cooler and you have the advantage of using all kinds of wheels and more comfort because the thicker urethane on them. 20190416_021459

4 Likes

I like the Raptor Deck. Unfortunately, turning is not very easy but the kicktail makes it good again.

Are this 90mm wheels?

2 Likes

110mm, 6374 motor with 97mm vs. DD 110mm

20190419_224533

5 Likes

The entire black board is exactly my conception of a board (inline motors w/o polley) the way the boxe is sliding I like it. Perhaps a passive horizontal aluminum radiator will help the engine to get coolerā€¦

Do someone has the shopping list relative to such a board?

Small video from today cruisin with the 97mm wheels.

2 Likes

Most of it is kind of from this community

• Focbox Unity Enertion
  • Torqueboards Directdrive and Wheels
  • Hummiedeck with Enclosure by Bigben
  • 12s4p Batterypack by Pjotr
  • Maytech V2 Remote
3 Likes