Raptor 2.1 Feedback

I expect more range as the temperatures rise >20 degrees. I mostly drove around at 7-15 degrees.

For example, I had done a range test with a throttle that was almost pushed through and only managed 14km.

Yesterday I cruised 13km in a hilly landscape through the city and had 43% battery left (not bad for many hills).

2 Likes

I really dont know about the outside temperature increasing the range , because a lot of energy is loss due to the heat in the hub , if such high heat build inside the hub at 7 degree , i can’t imagine what it will be at 20-25 degrees outside… maybe it does help the battery , i really dont know

I am pretty sure that Ride Tastic was expecting range improvement in relation with outside temperature and battery efficiency that is optimum when temperature is close to 20°C.

But +50 to +100% gap (range extension) are not standard values for 15° temperature inc.

1 Like

Yes! It’s 24 degrees outside. I’m gonna go outside and lower my raptor to 0%. I will report then.

2 Likes

Thanks,

I am just going out from a chat with Mike from Enertion Chat team:

1. My order is arranged, notification will arrive soon…
  2. Everything is fixed now, heat, weels, range, etc…

So continue your test process, I will complete it with mine as soon as I will receive my board.

Fred.

Hahaha. They’ve been singing the same song for over two years. They will tell you this no matter what dude. You’ll learn that very soon. Good luck. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi,

I am crossing my fingers (L & R hands as well as L & R feet) and will pet twice next black cat!

1 Like

I just got back from my range test. The conditions were perfect. Very good aspahlt and 24 degrees warm. Well what can I say I have ridden very conservatine, since many cyclists and children were on the track but see for yourself. I expected at least 30km and got 20km.

Avg. 27km/h or 16,7mph in rspec mode and range 20,39km

Also always kickpushed to start. My Weight is 88kg.

Screenshot_20190419-182015_MapMyRide

In addition, a large piece of my hub has fallen off…will now contact Enertion (2 years platinum warranty).

20190419_182232

2 Likes

Your batteries were full and you drain out 100% of the power riding only 50% of their commercial range capacity (40 km) as captured below:

zoom here:

That’s a shame!

I do not believe on it, a 20km ride and a weel is out of order!

I suppose it was not its first ride, did you do some “range to live” estimation? it will be interesting to follow this issue til final resolution, do you agree to log events here?

Thanks a lot for your notification,

I forget what the electrical resistance is on these and the actual kv and could figure the km but for its size it shouldn’t be getting hot or such inefficiency. Either would show up with these numbers revealing a bad km or else if that’s good I’m guessing it’s not showing up in the copper and instead iron losses from a bad magnetic circuit.

The wheel has about 350km. But already after 50km it showed the first cracks.

I don’t know what you mean but you can “log” it. :smiley:

Edit: I never expected a range of 40km. My expectations were 20km for fast driving and 30km for cruising (like my range test today).

1 Like

Hi Ride Tastic,

just continue to post events here to get a trace (log) of issues, fixes, resolution, or breaches.

your range expectation fit mine 30-35 km for cruising (to go to my office it requires 16kms oneway, and hopefully I can use bicycle path more than 95% of the way, last 5% are walk thru residential/parking/stairs).

No problem. When will you get your Raptor?

I have luckily 97mm spare wheels. I’ll put them on. Hopefully they don’t have the " wobble " problem.

WTF, to answer to your post I’ve logged in Enertion to check my order and I let you have a look on the screenshot below Screenshot_20190419-210535

2 set of Crossover wheels that are not existing anymore into their catalog. If you have a look on their web site wheels are not referenced anymore. I don’t know how they are going to deliver as everything is already paid.

Thats no issue. They always take down stuff when they are not happy with the quality. You can’t even order normal wheels at the moment because they are waiting for the new formula wheels that should fix the cracking issues. Well thats the reason why I am waiting 10 months now for my spare wheels…

They are trying… nobody wants these boards more without issues and in the hands of their customers than enertion. Its just obvious they have serious quality issues everywhere except the unity… and thats thanks to jeff, the one new guy at enertions product development that knows what he is doing. Bara has to fix the rest of the stuff and carl has to take the blame. I really don’t envy these guys.

2 Likes

Haha. I’ve been waiting 2 years and 2 months for new wheels that don’t crack and chunk off after a few rides.

Yeah its insane. Even the cheapest chinese brand has better wheels. These thane formulas are well known. Its an absolute mystery to me how enertion is incapable to manufacture/buy decent wheels. I mean yes hub wheels are tricky and with that melting reactor of a motor nothing good will happen to any thane but still, amazing!

1 Like

The “old” raptor 2.0 was in that range so these new silver motors are questionable. Less power, even more heat, less range and still not reliable.

That’s what I noticed too, based on reports from people with the black motors.

i really like my raptor but the low range for a 12kg board…the high range has encouraged me to buy even of the heavy weight.

Well, I now have the 97mm wheels on it. Let’s see how long they last and when my spare wheels and motors will arrive. Otherwise I see only one possibility… TB DD

20190419_220147

How easy/hard did you find it to switch the wheels?

TB DD - get them anyway. Such a dream!

1 Like