Raptor 2.1 Feedback

:ok_hand: twin lights are shining into my yes, my future board wonā€™t be a cyclops :bulb::bulb:

1. Please can you forward to me the shopping list to copy your conf?
  2. The photo seems to be 16 months old (2017-Q4), your board is a 2.0 or 2.1 series, in case of 2.0 do you know if they is some upgrade from 2.0/2.1 with light attachment?

Fred, alias Pura-Vida

Hi,

your value was pretty good, enertion answered a couple of minutes ago to my yesterday mail, the right value is 17.8-18.0 mm see screenshot below:

Capture%20Enertion

Thanks for your help and time.

1 Like

I think youā€™re making this a bit more complicated than it needs to be. Hereā€™s the shopping list https://shredlights.com/collections/shop/products/combo-pack

Doesnā€™t matter if itā€™s 2.0 or 2.1. Thereā€™s no R2 specific bracket. Either of them work. These brackets are thin enough to bend if you need to make more room or if you want to have them at an angle ectā€¦ I would be more worried about the quality of the board when you get it and how long it will last. These lights should be the least of your worries. :wink:

5 Likes

OK, sorry this board will be my first electric one. Certainly I spent a lot of energy to deal with subsidiary questions. To complete my defense, I would tell that also it was a long job to drain out a small part of an answer from Enertionā€™s mouth. As I was a little bit disappointed, in March I was close to renounce to my order and let 20% of the price go away. So I spent time surfing internet to finalize my wish list to be ready to use my board ASAP. As I am a novice, I use to read online guideline and support documents provided by vendors, and Iā€™ve read that shredlights was compatible with single light for the tail and dual for the front. this information was the trigger of my questions.

Now let speak about a real show-stopper:

What alert are you raising ? honestly, Enertion into my mind is a premium vendor for board performance and resiliency, is he? Are they selling low quality, with short Time To Live? As I am a novice, can you tell me which elements I have to monitor/check? Do you have some REX (Return of Experience) to share?

Sorry for my English, it is not my natural language.

fred.

2 Likes

Well noā€¦ sean has his own history with enertion and I am worried too.

My first board was just bad in any way and the new motorsā€¦ honestly they are bad. no range, overheating all the time. I would not buy a raptor again ever. I am sorry but such a bad board and I am still waiting for it (rma) so in total I paid the board freaking 10 months ago and still have no board, no spare wheels, no spare remoteā€¦ tell me any company that takes 10 months to deliver some wheels?!

Its insane and all I am hearing are the same excuses again and again.

Then you get your board and all you have is issue after issue. I really hoped bara could turn this into something worthwhile but I donā€™t know what is going on with enertion. :sweat:

On top of all I paid 70usd to ship this sucker to germanyā€¦ no you wont get a shipping refund even though you just got a broken board out of the box.

I canā€™t blame bara nor carl, rehanā€¦ anybody I had contact with did his best to help me but enertion has bad logistics partners, bad suppliers. I feel for themā€¦ but its their responsibility and they just failed big time.

4 Likes

Used to be in my opinion. Iā€™ve only received partially working products that last no longer than 80 miles at a time. Iā€™ve owned the R2 for over 2 years and only been able to ride a total of 180-200 miles between my 1st board they sent me and a replacement (warranty). Months waiting between replacement parts, then those replacement parts would break, not work, ectā€¦

Everything except for the deck. Donā€™t touch any type of water with the board. Not even a 1 inch puddle. Donā€™t go faster than 10mph or youā€™ll overheat. Tighten all the nuts and bolts because they lack proper QC. Watch it when your charging the board. The BMS likes to stop working. The list goes on. You can google all the customers experience online for more info.

Kinda long story. After I provided all proof (pictures and videos) when these things would happen for the length of a year and a half. The owner Jason decided it would be a good business move to try and publicly make me look like the fool. When I obliged to having send in my board in to be ā€œfixedā€ by his repair team the board still only worked for a few miles before I had to step in once again and fix it myself. Which I donā€™t mind. Itā€™s the only way that I was able to ride it. I just wanted a production board that was quality that I wouldnā€™t have to mess with as a 2nd and 3rd board. This didnā€™t happen. Itā€™s not the repair teams fault. Itā€™s the lack of quality of the product that they have to work with. There is little to no Quality Control or Testing for that matter. If the owner didnā€™t treat me so poorly I donā€™t think I would be so pissed. But his logic is that of a girlfriend that cheats on you and then has the nerve to get pissed off at you for catching her. I wouldnā€™t recommend this board to anyone. You can easily make a board yourself that kills it in performance and doesnā€™t have the issues. Not to mention cost as much.

4 Likes

In january I still had a firmware with false thermalthrottling. the board would fly up a hill but after a few seconds (!) it was stalling and in my case coming to a standstill. this should be fixed now. but look at that 430wh batteryā€¦ range 15km. thats very very inefficient!

the unity is great. its the motors that are bad.

1 Like

Thanks Sean & McErono Unfortunately Iā€™ve bought my raptor 2.1 before to read your comments. I think they is satisfy or cash back agreement with Enertion. I hope, as after reading your message I gonna test it as much as I can before the end of this period.

How do you know that it is heating? There is some temperature gauge, alert.automattic power off system?

1 Like

Yep. On the 2.1ā€™s they do. @Deodand can explain more on that one. On mine (2.0) the truck would get so hot after a couple miles that it could actually burn me.

Weā€™ve got plenty of happy customers too, so remember not to take one opinion as the final. Iā€™ve got two raptor twos of my own and they work great, though Iā€™m coming from a very biased position working with Enertion so :man_shrugging:, Iā€™m not really the type to lie about it though. The main issue weā€™ve been having is consistency, most boards work great and a minority have some issues. @barajabali and our team works hard everyday to make sure the issues that make it through our checks get fixed. The raptor is an evolving product and a lot of the changes weā€™ve made both in terms of components and assembly process have helped improve reliability and weā€™ve seen that in reduced failure rates reported through warranty. We do still have a long way to go but none of us are giving up any time soon.

The motors get hot, and are designed to run hot if you ride them hard. The motor controller makes sure they donā€™t overheat and damage themselves but I definitely wouldnā€™t pick the board up by its trucks (good thing it has handles). Pretty much all hub motors that output performance comparable to the raptor are going to get warm under intense riding.

You can look at @SeanHacker history and see that he has a habit of getting into long arguments about how terrible our products are. Iā€™m sure he has good reasons but just wanted to provide a bit of the other perspective besides just that we are a terrible incompetent company, and the stuff we make is worthless. Cheers!

2 Likes

I would really like to tell a different story but without a board its impossible to.

If I were sean I would be really pissed. I know the story and think he has every right to be pissed. thats no habbit imo.

4 Likes

I wasnā€™t really around for it but Iā€™ve heard his side of the story and understand what heā€™s upset about. Iā€™m not trying to suggest he shouldnā€™t be. From what Iā€™ve heard it sounds like a lot of unfortunate things occurred. But angry people are much more likely to hop on a forum and become keyboard warriors than the happy customers who are enjoying their boards. Thatā€™s just my 2 cents donā€™t really need to rehash out this whole thing for the hundredth time anyways.

1 Like

you knowā€¦ frustrating and just disappointing even if the board would not have issues.

and jeff I am really glad you are on board. the unity is a great product so is the app.

3 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

Hi Deodand,

I use to construct my own opinion on my own experience, but as a 25 years of experiences engineer working on IT, I use also to take in consideration experiences from other users, to reduce risks and take the appropriate decision or go to mitigation before escalation. Sean experiences seems to be the worst example of a customer experience. And I hope that your support process is fixed, as once is not good, looping will be leathal to your business.

From my recent experience, from order to deliver process has to be seriously updated, as it is not good to pay full price and discover later that your order has to spend time into an undefined queueā€¦ Support are unable to share with you good information or technical tipsā€¦ But let see, last week my order was scheduled for this week, we are still Thursday, one more day before weekendā€¦

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s something we are working toward everyday. I think everyone knows what we want to achieve as a customer experience, but as a small company with limited resources undergoing rapid growth it is extremely challenging to execute on that vision.

All we can do is keep working hard, listening to our customers and improving our systems to better address the challenges.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve now driven my Raptor about 250miles. I am satisfied so far, performance is great but I have some points of criticism.

• A motor has a not working Hall sensor.
  • PU wonā€™t last much longer and has some cracks already
  • Range, this is one thing I need to test before I make a final judgment.

Otherwise, every day I have the need to go out and shred with the raptor 2.1. We finally have over 20 degrees in germany. Letā€™s see if my motors overheat or the range gets better.

stay tuned

3 Likes

Hi Deodand,

Agility and transparency do not require any financial investment, it is a question of mind and spirit.

Some quick wins to share with you:

1. Prior to finalize an order, notice a time to deliver (average time to deliver collected during last 3 months, expected time to deliver for this order, and define a deadline to deliver),

2. Update your policy with money back if deadline is reached and shipping is not yet in progress,

3. Split payment into 3 batches: 40% to validate the order, 40% when manufacturing is starting, 20% before Shipping (applicable to order > 1.000 USD/EUR, or expecting time to deliver longer than 3 months),

4. Update your website with best practice tips. List of items to upgrade a configuration w/o impact on the warranty is a mandatory information for novice (as I am), ie: shredlights, edge guards, etc,

5. Train and share with your support team the right skills and documents, it is disappointing to be rerouted to an external forum by the vendor support team w/o any value added information.

You are supposed to be experts on your domain, so wear the costume, as you are taking the cash.

As we are Friday this core advises are for free,

Sincerely,

Fred alias Pura-Vida.

4 Likes

Hi RideTastic,

What do you mean posting ā€œrange gets better?ā€ as you are using your board at a daily frequency from my understanding, can you detail a typical use-case, and what is your extreme (performance or distance) utilisation? how weight (range) are you?

Pura-Vida,

I think Enertion knows what it takes.

I get the feeling some things are rushed like the new motors. Its impossible these things had prolonged betatests from several batches of prototypes when I see issues after minutes of usage. Look at the rangeā€¦ its less than before. revisions should improve and not get worse. Or the manufacturer is not putting out constant qualityā€¦ so you replace them and hope for the best. Enertion is a small player in china.

But Enertion is or at least was not close enough. A factory visit is a visitā€¦ you need someone there 24/7. They need to have a certain margin of profit. quality and quality control suffers.

Enertion changed suppliers and logistic partners several times. Manufacturing is hard and some bad luck is involved too. You struggle with your product, you are small, service suffers, delaysā€¦ its manufacturing hell as elon calls it. Look at Jed Boardsā€¦

How come you visit a wheel manufacturer in china several times and they still screw up and deliver wobbly and cracking wheels? They produce perfect wheels for other well known brandsā€¦ must be very frustrating. look at torqueboardsā€¦ made in california, perfect wheels from such a small company.

Btw where is Roan?

1 Like