Push to start switch [OUT NOW!]

He is just one person doing all this so I am giving him a ton of slack. It seems he messed up with the last antispark push to start and is working on a new version that works for all of us.

If you can’t wait I suggest you make yourself a loop key or do the chargeback or better ask for a refund because I am convinced he is good for all orders. He just needs to correct the mistake which seems to take time.

I guess you can order the fatboy antispark which I believe has roll to start too.

Oh by the way roll to start is nice but you should be aware that it slowly drains the battery. I’m not really sure but I think it was almost a 1 volt drop after not using it for a week.

I’ll let you know Sunday how much it has dropped for sure.

4 Likes

It was fully charged to 50.4 volts on Sunday last week and today Sunday they measured 49.6 and 49.7 volts. So not quite a 1 volt drop but 0.7 volts in one week from a fully charged battery in 12s6p configuration.

image image

4 Likes

PTS v7 01/19 - Dude

Hi @Martinsp, here is my situation. I also send you a PM (Header is “PTS v7 01/19 - Dude”) with my postal address.

1. Setup: 12s-LiPo, no BMS, a MAC eBike Hub motor (5:1 planetary geared, freewheel, 1600 rpm (motor)/320rpm (wheel) at 48V, 16 pair pole, http://www.macmotortech.com/ebike-hub-motor.html). VESC6 with an ebike throttle connected to the ADC pins of the VESC used in ADC mode).

2. Commissioning: I made it to tune the setting point where the VESC goes OFF when I slowly turn the potentiometer. Sometimes, even at this point, I was not able to store the configuration by pressing the switch button several seconds. I had to turn the potentiometer a quarter or half turn further to get the green LED blinking.

3. With this configuration I am able to turn ON the auto switch by turning the wheel but the switch does not stay ON when I start driving. If I pull the throttle (using ADC mode of the VESC) the wheel starts spinning for one second or less and then stops - not enough power transmitted to the wheel, VESC goes kind of OFF (blue LED is on but no power throughput). After pulling the throttle several times more, the auto switch bricks so that I even cannot turn it OFF or ON using the LED switch. Last exit is disconnecting the battery.

@Martinsp if you need further information please let me know!

1 Like

@SeanHacker just curious do you remember how long it took for you to get your switch when you ordered it and what shipping company delivered it?

I can’t really remember. I’m pretty sure it took at least a week or two and it cam usps. I’m pretty sure I had to sign for it too.

1 Like

Have you gotton a response from Martin regarding your broken switch?

Nope. But I’ve only posted that it broke here. Just haven’t had the time to deal with it yet.

1 Like

1 week past, no shipping info received

really not happy with this service. If you do not have the time to supply your customers. Put your orders on hold instead of accepting new ones.

1 Like

Can someone share the wiring diagram instructions? I lost the instructions that came with the package.

It’s on the website too

From a business perspective I believe it is just more favorable to keep accepting orders. Understandably.

Stating anything about delays is bad for your business.

However if I’m making enough money :moneybag: I’d do it anyways and take my losses.

1 Like

Doesnt show which way the battery input is and which way to the vescs

From my understanding the switch itself draws some current even when it is off. I raised this issue some time ago in the forum and no one seemed to think that it’s a critical issue…

I had one 10S2P pack drain to zero from just leaving it unattended for a few weeks. Have since swapped to a loopkey on that deck.

Note that the older style antispark did not have this issue… Something about having some control circuitry onboard which causes the current draw.

3 Likes

I’m running the older one and it was my understanding that these roll to start all have current draw.

2 Likes

Depending on the design of the board it is possible to get the draw down to uA, effectively nothing. A single cell could power it for years. Did someone test the current drawn by this switch?

1 Like

Yes someone did (but not if this particular anitispark), it’s significant enough to drain your pack enough to notice.

My non push to start also had this issue.

1 Like

Thread is too big to search effectively but I did find this post above. 2mA * 57V is pretty thirsty, understandable for someone to decide either way.

Wonder what the Unity’s passive draw is, do you know off hand @Deodand?

I think I had friends who checked. It’s next to nothing on the unity.

And yes the draw on these newer push to start antisparks is not insignificant. The argument by some manufacturers was that there is no way to do it without some active circuitry. Some users claimed you should always keep your board juiced up ready to go. Others say the BMS should kick in to prevent over drawing the pack.

IMO, this should have been information given upfront. That the switch does draw current even when turned off. Would have saved my pack from being drawn to zero.

1 Like

The unities passive current draw is around 9 uA which is small enough that even if almost fully discharged battery it would take a few years to kill.

4 Likes

Nice, that’s lower than the voltage regulator in my remote. :grimacing:

1 Like