Push to start switch [OUT NOW!]

Question for people who have the new version: did you have any trouble getting the switch into setup mode? It’s step 3.1 in the instruction manual, where you need to have the switch on the left, and potentiometer all the way back counterclockwise where you can hear it clicking, which should make the green LED onboard turn on.

I followed the instructions and managed to get the green LED to turn on, but after a few seconds it went out, and now I can’t get it to turn back on again. I’ve tried nearly any combination imaginable: toggling the switch and turning the potentiometer clockwise, attaching battery, then going left and counterclockwise again, trying to turn counterclockwise a bit after the clicks and attaching battery, detaching the ESC while performing steps, etc. Tried everything, cannot get the green light to turn on again for the life of me. Any help would be much appreciated, I want to set the switch up to see if I get the same problem (with the switch staying on after pushing) others have been having or not.

The way it should work is turn counter clockwise until you hear click then connect battery. Repeat until you see the light.

I’m waiting for the replacement. Unfortunately mine just doesn’t want to stay on with throttle input. Running the old one in the meantime which I required from another member here. I used to have on of the old ones before myself but that one blew during a hard acceleration on a ride.

Hi @Martinsp, can you give us an update on the status. Last time we heard from you was a month ago. Did you get the push to start feature working? Actually I’m also concerned about the power drawn when the switch is off, are you also working on that?

2 Likes

Hi, has anyone already got an answer from SPRUSI? Slowly but surely my patience comes to an end, flow of information has completely broken down, no response since several weeks … @Martinsp please take my question serious, trust of current and potential new customers is easily lost!

1 Like

Nada dude.

Last thing was send him a pm and he would sort it out for all of us.

That was too long ago for me to bother to check when it was.

@Martinsp time to tell us you ducked up royally or to send us a working one asap as in now.

2 Likes

Ordered a switch from @Martinsp 1.5 weeks ago which should’ve been delivered already… No response either.

2 Likes

opened paypal dispute 2 weeks ago. No response. Now escalated to paypal.

2 Likes

Still nothing. I am going to wait for 1/2 more weeks since I really want that switch. If I don’t get a response by that time I will try a dispute.

Hello everyone,

I am sorry (I know it is not enough) for the ridiculous time it takes me to get back to all of you. I still have lots of PMs unanswered because I just cant keep up.

Anyway, I have been through 3 new iterations of the switch which did improve a lot but since this mistake I dont want to release another version uitil I am 100% sure it will work for everyone. I will reply to all of you that sent me a message/reply to this:

and offer you a refund on the full amount.

As for the new version, there are pretty radical changes. There will no longer be any sense wires, the sensing of motor rotation / ESC activity will be done through the power wires and there will be no setup procedure, it will be all automated with some minimal user intervention like spinning the motor

I have unfortunately broken my hub motor so I will have to get a new one (if you have one for sale in EU let me know please! :slight_smile:) so this extends the time and I just felt like it is too much even for my standards of (not)sticking to schedules and promising dates which turn out to not be achievable. That, apart from extending my testing equipment is something I have to work on.

Anyway, expect a reply from me and enjoy the rest of your weekend! BR, Martin.

12 Likes

Hey Martin, I’ve still got your switch with sensor wires but happy to return and go with a newer model when ready

I have other switches to use if I manage to complete that build before you’re ready with a new version, is that something that would be ok?

Props for the above, that is a painful product support

1 Like

Good update.

I want this new version. Will it be a month or longer before it’s released? I’d be happy to test it.

4 Likes

Should i not bother installing the one i have right now?

I mean unless you’re short on time I don’t see why not, surely the current switch must work for some motor configurations.

Update from my part: my brother has tried setting up his push to start switch every day now for the past week with no luck (setup LED won’t ever turn on), will try to tinker with it myself when I see him in 3 weeks, but looking pretty grim :confused: I’m glad the setup procedure will be changed for the new model, whenever that comes out.

This looks good. What will happen to poeple like me that bought a V7 but did not get it sent? Do you have some kind of estimate when a reliable version will be available?

Edit: Also, why does your switch still show as in stock when you don’t send 'em out?

1 Like

I ordered the V7 switch from your site yesterday, will I be receiving the updated one instead?

Hi,

Im sorry about this but I dont think I have received any emails/messages that you have not received a refund.

I think we all know by now that Im juggling time here as much as I can I am sorry I really can not keep up with the messages at least not now. The only reason I reply to PayPal right away is because I really can not afford getting it taken down so I stop whatever I am doing to reply. I am sorry I dont do this every time someone messages me here or on my website, I would not get anything done that way and well it is a “one man show” I dont have any customer service team or something like that.

I have also acknowledged that I made a mistake during the design of V7 and I have done my best to fix this. I have manually refunded everyone as far as I know, If you have for whatever reason not received your money contacting me would solve this issue. I do check the email notification on my phone I see the messages if it is something like this I do reply as I can.

Im not sure what you mean by fake, this is the first time this has happened to me (large product issue/recall) apart from this my products worked unless handled incorrectly and if it was not possible to determine the cause of a fault I refunded money to customer or sent a new unit. I really dont know what you mean by fake.

I am definitely not here to rip someone off.

So bottom line, message me (I have not seen a PM from you regarding this) and I will get this sorted our for sure.

Im sorry again, I truly do what I can and realize it is not enough I only have 24 hours a day, Martin.

The switches that can be purchased now have a firmware fix for this issue. Im waiting for some parts to test some last things for V8 as well as other products to get them manufactured at the same time

@Martinsp look at your PM here in the forum:

1 Like

Hey @Martinsp I just bought a V7 a few days ago, for the first generation one, you have them in stock and ready to ship?

I feel the same way and have PM’d you at least 4-5x’s over the past month or two since you haven’t sent the refund or responded to my original PM sent to you per your request with the title and subject info you asked for. Please send my refund for the smart switch to my paypal which you can get to using my email which is [email protected]. Can I expect this to get done today hopefully since it’s been months since promising to take care of this? Thanks in advance for your help on resolving this matter. @Martinsp