Paris European Meeting 11-14 July 2019

we are looking at the best place to host the event(s). But in any case, Porte de Versailles, if close to Paris. Probably 10 minutes e-board and you’re set.

2 Likes

Don’t pull the trigger on accomodation just yet though, we’re still trying to get better deals!

3 Likes

No worries I anyhow first need to look if I can get some days off as I want to spend some extra days in Paris. Just let me know when you fixed the location and i‘ll have a look than :smile:

2 Likes

Hi guys,

Just thought I’d update you all on the latest developments. There’s been a lot of work going on behind the curtains (thank you @okp, @BigBrit, @CarveBillyG!) in order to ensure that we can offer an awesome event to the community. We’re now in contact with different venues for all-terrain setups as well as street setups and news will be coming soon on this front. There’s currently almost 200 people interested or already confirmed going to this event, and there is a lot of interest from different manufacturers and brands associated with e-skating… and it’s still February! It’s going to be big!

With regards to accommodation, I can now confirm that the cheapest deal we could find is the Ibis Porte de Versailles Mairie d’Issy. Other hotels have come forwards with discount codes, but just couldn’t beat the Ibis rates.

While we understand that brands and manufacturers want a fixed plan as soon as possible and want to “get in on the act”, we need to make sure we present to all a coherent, feasible and (most of all) awesome plan for the weekend. We can then shout out to the community for support. Please be patient… as the saying goes “Rome wasn’t built in a day”! We count on you to make this the best European meeting ever, and something we can repeat year after year.

The important thing is that this is an event created by e-skaters, for e-skaters. We all want you to feel welcomed, have a blast and plant the seeds of friendships that can last a lifetime.

Cheers, Ricardo

13 Likes

Thanks guys! It’s gonna be sick. Looking forward…

5 Likes

After some adjustments of my flight back from my vacation, I will be back in Belgium on the 11th.

After I am home, I Will take the Thalys or car to Paris :blush: I can not miss such a big event

7 Likes

Awesome! Glad you can make it :slight_smile:

It will be great to finally meet up with loads of people you only know from the internet!

2 Likes

to keep you all informed. I took a day off to visit one of the options for the all terrain competition this afternoon. Can’t also wait to see the environment around it and if we have options for a street competition too. Once we’re sorted and agreed with the other organization folks we’ll share it with all of ya ! Stay tuned !

9 Likes

Let me introduce you the all terrain area. This is the upcoming 2020 World Cup MTB area and we’re gonna use it for our all terrain event in 2019. The area is huge (in my back there is a bigger space) and we’ll be able to draw all terrain flat tracks and loops. So many options here. Hotels are also cheaper than downtown Paris. Ability to camp on the spot. A paradise for MTB riders !

26219376_10213720937951012_2615577124704155584_n

For the street area, I’m checking if we can get a athleticism loop or area so everyone can stay around on Thursday, Friday nights … and Sat night in Paris for the night ride and Sunday morning ride.

Well that’s some insights of today. @Nowind what ya doing on 12/13 July ?!

14 Likes

Wow that track looks cool, I may have to drive now and take my Bajaboard lol

2 Likes

Second thoughts I wonder if we can talk Bajaboard into demo’ing there :slight_smile: @BajaAle any chance of any of your German guys coming to France to show off some boards? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OMG, that’s a nice spot!!! Thanks for the effort! Now I just have to wait for my parts and get everything ready

eSk8ing in france is legal right? Will ride from basel, switzerland

Good idea I will contact our distributors and see if he can show up too!

4 Likes

I’d love to see a vlog of you riding a board from Basel to Paris \m/

1 Like

Nice one @BajaAle

We’re in the process of defining budgets (as you might expect there are costs involved in organising this sort of stuff!) and at some point in the near future we’ll be reaching out to the community and the brands for both help in manning the event and sponsorship of some description.

We want to have as many e-skaters in France in July, so we’re aiming to make it as cheap as possible without detracting from the experience. More news to follow soon!

1 Like

I’ll do Any wishes what you wanna see? Never vlogged so far

Just some details on your setup, nice scenery footage, any problems you may encounter, any e-skaters you may find along the way, etc…

Hope the adventure goes well. Can’t wait to meet you all!

2 Likes

Hi guys,

We’re making progress on the planning front so I have news to share (I’ve also updated the first post on this thread).

TL/DR:

1. Found suitable venues for AT and street
  2. Accommodation details updated
  3. Have a plan for the weekend
  4. Female organisers are welcomed oto join in to plan girl focused events
  5. We’ve had loads of interest from vendors and are finally ready to be contacted
  6. Price of the event €20. Because this sh#t costs money, unfortunately.
  7. Website will be up in the next couple of weeks
  8. Volunteers to help setup up the venues very much welcomed!

PROGRAM DETAILS (these will be fine tuned as and when we firm up details; we also welcome suggestions and feedback!)

You are obviously welcome to join in every activity so that the community spirit is stronger, but not tied to participate at all and can do your own thing, at your own time and risk.

Thursday Night:

• Arrival to Compiègne (you can take a train from Gare du Nord to Compiègne)
  • Pub/Bar night (to be confirmed) so that everyone has a chance to meet up with each other

Friday/Saturday:

• Day at the tracks (all-terrain and street setup), with competitions/races and prizes, as well as time to try the tracks at your own pace. Vendors will have their own area to display and demonstrate their latest wares - we’ve had a lot of interest from vendors, so this is likely to be a major point of attraction during the weekend!

• We’re on the lookout for girls who want to organise their own activities, as we’ve been contacted by a few to that end. It would be awesome to count on a strong female presence, so please do contact us if you’d like to try your hand at organising something cool for yourself!

• Evening rides around Compiègne (tbc)

Sunday

• Trip back to Paris and morning ride in town - This is Bastille Day in France, so it will be nothing but historic!

PRICING:

We’ve finally came up with a rough budget and, because unfortunately great events like this have inherent costs (venues, sound systems, generators, toilets, insurance, health & safety, etc) we do need to charge a small fee to each participant: €20 will give you access to the venues and activities, as well as to the “vendors village”. We’re thinking of making a run of t-shirts for the event for a small price, so do let us know if you’re interested in buying one.

Again, this is very much an event by the riders for the riders, so we’re not expecting to make any profit at all…

FOR VENDORS: Please contact us in order to organise your level of participation in this event. We have a tiered system of participation, which we’re positive will be of your liking. Do note that this will be the biggest event this year in Europe, with vendors from all over the world already committed or very interested in taking part. You will not want to pass on this opportunity of showing your kit to the community and to check on what the competition is doing :slight_smile:

ACCOMMODATION DETAILS:

To reflect the fact that, after much searching, we’ve finally settled on a venue (Compiègne, north of Paris) we’ve decided to update the accomodation details. You are still welcomed to stay in Paris, but preferably you can stay in:

• The actual venue for free if you bring your own tent (please be aware that you’d have to make your own arrangements regarding recharding your boards and phones, and also regarding toilet needs). If you do prefer to stay in the venue, do let us know so that we are made aware of how many tents to expect;

• Hotel F1 Compiègne, which is cheap as chips (£23 per room per night) but seems to have less than good reviews

• Hotel Ibis, which is still cheap at £52 per room per night and has better reviews

10 Likes

Why is gender suddenly involved?

Did anyone else think wet tshirt contest? Isn’t that what girls do with activities.

3 Likes

Ffs mate, this is exactly why girls tend not to be involved.

We think it’s important for girls to participate with their boards and, while it would be great just have us all together in the events, female e-skaters I’ve spoken to would like to also have their own thing, at their own rhythm.

My girl just read your comment and saud “oh,why not have a wet willy contest then?”

Also, out of the long update text I wrote, this is what you chose to write about? I was expecting a bit more feedback on the event itself. Ahh, well…

-.-

6 Likes