Paris European Meeting 11-14 July 2019

I’m looking forward to the event. Looks like you’ve done a lot of research and really getting things sorted out. Can I just clarify so as not to book in the wrong place, this is Compiègne which is about an hour north of Paris? I wouldn’t classify myself as a vendor but could very likely bring a stack of enclosures along.

6 Likes

Mentioned tents at venue… camper vans also?

Thanks to everyone for all the effort so far, can’t wait! :grinning:

1 Like

@bigben city is Compiegne in the north of Paris.

@sk8l8r yeah ! camper vans are welcome as we have a big area available on the all terrain foreseen area.

DSC00632

8 Likes

Holy moly that looks mad.

6 Likes

yes, I was amazed when I went on this area last monday. This is a “real” mountainboard park so it may look soft on the photos… but you need some balls to jump in but you also need straps. That’s why, we have plenty of options here. We’ll for sure design a esk8 all terrain tracks with modules and of course ask for what you guys are looking for (suitable for boards without straps) but this could be an awesome track.

Remember, everything here is for riders by riders. We do whatever we want to have a blast.

The street area as Ricardo said is under exploration in the City. I need to meet the representatives of the city to see what we can use.

But you got it, we are really looking to bring diversity to this event so everyone can enjoy different tracks with different requirements.

DSC00639 DSC00664

But that’s just one side of the area… we can also create a bigger loop around it as a track

DSC00649 DSC00666

7 Likes

General question about recharging batteries at the mtb track. There is enough capacities to get your packs charged up again? I guess most of us would need as min one recharge what could be an issue if 20+ people would want to charge at the same time.

2 Likes

Yes. This is one key item we’ve identified and we’ll get several (or one big) diesel generator rented.

you don’t want to run out of battery in an electric event !

7 Likes

I agree.

I can give more feedback like excellent work I’m really looking forward to this event. Now I no longer have to follow the Colorado event with envy because that is exactly the sort of event I wish we would have in Europe and now it is being realized by the likes of you.

Great work.

As for the make light comment, I did not think about this event as something for men only or only men activities involvement before you mentioned girls and women. Actually girls was the key word for me to decide to make light of it.

You didn’t mention it was a boys event before and I thought it was strange to suddenly separate this thing gender wise.

So what is this activity that shela’s would like to do at their own pace then that appearently boys do not?

I think gender should have been left out of it since this is an event for all of us.

4 Likes

it’s a riders event. What Ricardo wanted to point is that if some ladies are willing to highlight some special arrangement for them we’ll of course listen !

No worries mate, no harm done! I’m not a native English speaker, so some language confusion may be at play.

We just want to promote participation from everybody and if that means having a female-only event to bring them to tge fold, so be it. I too dream of the day when we won’t need gender specific events in order to be able to include everyone! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

banner2

Hey ! we have prepared a simple questionnaire to gather information as many people are looking to come but now it has to be materialized for us to get credibility with the actual local bodies.

This questionnaire is for everyone that is looking to join the event to compete/participate.

hope you like it !

6 Likes

Fill up the questionnaire and give us your opinions - it’s going to be the biggest e-skate event of the year, so it might as well be the best!

\o/

4 Likes

I still can’t tell if I will get the days off from work. Does it make sense to fill it out non the less.

2 Likes

Same here but I did fill anyway ! Better act now than too late haha

I can’t wait to discover the street track and event !

1 Like

Filled. Looking forward.

2 Likes

If you feel like there’s a high certainty of you going fill it up -just mane a note on the suggestion box anyway :wink:

2 Likes

Done! Even learned the French name of some weekdays with it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy: (translation missing)

2 Likes

Bruh If I see that hill, I am sure that I will break the enclosure under my trampa :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Are there some people who come to Paris by plane? Last Saturday we had a group ride with some people from Belgium & Netherlands. A friend of mine gave the idea to rent out a few battery packs. If my company is running, I might want to rent out some batteries to the people who do not have the possibility to take one with them.

6 Likes

ahha that’s normal. This is a shot of the mountainboard park (non electric). I did this to give people a view of the area and capabilities of track design. The plan is obviously for people to have fun and we’ll create a bespoke track for everyone to enjoy !

2 Likes