Paris European Meeting 11-14 July 2019

Hope everything will run smooth in Paris. In worst case scenario of Transportation strike or Rain men in Yellow rain cloth. :blush:

Ƨa cā€™est super!

Merci beaucoup :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unfortunately I canā€™t go. It will be around 1500ā‚¬ all & all

Can not wait to meet you all! This event is going to be wild and I think it is going to be amazing with all these riders, styles and nationalities coming along. 100% going to be the event of the year and if all goes well, they will be way more frequent! :fire: :zap:

2 Likes

I wonā€™t be able to help much butā€¦ Yea I canā€™t miss this! Should be able to drop for the friday+weekend :beers:

Looking forward to meet you guys!

5 Likes

Over 100 people going or interested on Facebook now! This is awesome!

6 Likes

Better for me to get a hotel now! Even if Iā€˜m not sure if I can make itā€¦in the end all Paris Hotels sold out because too much people coming for the esk8 event :scream::joy:

@ricardo is trying to secure a discount in some hotels in the area in exchange for us recommending them - hopefully that works out.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s gonna be awesome. Letā€™s work hard to make this happen !

3 Likes

Good news guys,

I just got confirmation from the Hotel Paris Dā€™Issy that weā€™ll have a 10% discount on any bookings if we use the code ā€œISSYPROā€!

Weā€™re still waiting on feedback from a couple of other hotels in the area, so Iā€™d advise you not to pull the trigger just yet.

4 Likes

@ricardo, Porte de Versailles is far from the center of Paris. Letā€™s try to find some options in the center of Paris.

I appreciated what you say but itā€™s not that far: we stayed in the area last year and it only takes about 20 min by underground to get to the centre. Plus itā€™s near @okp base and way cheaper than if we get anything closer to the centre (please remember that itā€™s Bastille day weekend!).

We liked the area and it actually provides us with interesting routes along the river to the centreā€¦!

sounds great! maybe you can add the hotel name and code in the first post? that will help to find it later.

Interesting, we can pillage Okpā€™s warehouse :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Done! :slight_smile:

10 char

1 Like

to sleep on bubble wrap should be fun :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

But nobody moves!!! No noise making during sleep

2 Likes

We just got news from another hotel, Hotel Bootcamp Issy les Molineaux.

They are offering 20% plus free breakfast using the PEV20BOOTCAMP code. This works out at circa Ā£80 per night/per room which, with the breakfast thrown in, is not a bad deal at all!

5 Likes

Iā€™m still waiting for a reply from Hotel Ibis Porte de Versailles, but even without a discount it is still cheaper than the other options, so hold your credit cards for the moment.

On another note, please check below the trip details for UK based riders who wish to take the train out to Paris. I guess we can coordinate times with rides from other locations?

London St. Pancras - Paris Gare Du Nord

11th July 2019

17:01 - 20:17

Paris Gare du Nord - London St. Pancras

14th July 2019

19:04 - 20:39

1 Like

Is it already fix where the main action will happen? I mean which area would be the best to look for a hotel to be close by and donā€™t need to drive too long with public transport. I remember you said the first hotel with discount is a good spot, right?

2 Likes