PaleRider / dual 6374 / FOCBOX / Torque Board 218mm / 10S / ABEC 11 97mm / Maytech

Maytech v2?

yeah that’s the one I have, but just fancied the look of this new one. Not to worry, it was never vital that I had it, plus reading a few user reviews of people who actually got their hands on one was a mixed bag at best.

Cable Riser Hider Progress :

This is very much a test print and has highlighted many areas I need to tweak, but the fitment is good and the function will be sound. Wall thickness needs to be increased and I’ve already broken some of the tabs as I removed the supports after printing, but essentially I think this is going to work, hiding the wires from riser to enclosure.

Cable Risers are not exactly an original concept, but the additions to any other cable riser out make it sufficiently different enough for me to call this my design I guess.

This version is designed to be trimmed to size, and then those new measurements added to the main component before reprinting. Then it’ll be a flush fit straight out of the box. I’ll save the current version though so others can trim to their enclosure (in the unlikely event of someone else wanting to use my efforts!).

The reason for the ‘tabs’ on the extension are to allow this section to flex and hug the underside profile of the deck. It’s a simpler solution to working out the ‘S’ profile from riser to enclosure that my deck has. Some decks are 100% flat, which would make things easier all round !

Images of test print (bit rough, but OK for 1st print)

edit:

progress…

should look pretty good when finally fitted IMO

6 Likes

A lot of messing around just to cut a volt meter display hole :joy::joy:

9 Likes

Hey could I PM you about the lathe and HM-10 modules :slight_smile:

Yeah of course :grin:

very nice build!

Would you mind sharing your riser on Thingsverse?

1 Like

Thanks, I’m pleased with today’s progress and how things are coming together finally.

I don’t mind sharing this riser, though it it isn’t an original design. I saw something similar on UNIK website, but without the extension to hide wires, and without a hall sensor harness hole (mine is big enough to route the JST-6 Pin plug through). Would I get in trouble for posting it up on there, or is it sufficiently different to be classed as a new design ?

What do you reckon? I’m a noob on here really and not really known to the regulars. Don’t really want to get off to a bad start by hacking people off :joy:

1 Like

I am not sure if @okp will mind since there are other designs on thingiverse

1 Like

there are other designs out there for sure @mmaner did a cool one which is on thingiverse

2 Likes

well if that’s the case (I haven’t seen them) and no-one minds I’ll put my version up as another option for people. It’s very basic and functional, but the sizes are good. Just needed to slightly open up the bullet holes with a 5mm drill bit to get the plugs to fit snugly. The extension is also longer than needed for my build, so I just trimmed it down by hand after printing with some snips.

1 Like

Dude what’s the material under the focboxes looks cushy :grin:

1 Like

I bought this :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263634265914?ViewItem=&item=263634265914

then cut out the middle and trimmed around the edge of enclosure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you know the name/model/brand of your voltmeter gauge? Or did it just come w/ your battery so you’re not sure? I like the slim look of yours (mine is twice the height and takes up too much space for my taste)

1 Like

yeah I know. The one that came with my battery was too thick to mount on the side, which is where I think they look best, so had to get a slimmer one. I bought this :

Problem solved :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good job man ! creating, improving and sharing/supporting our builders family is bigger than anything else.

Keep it going !

5 Likes

Bench Test… Working over canbus :+1:

Thanks to DavidBanner and Deckoz :beers:

4 Likes

In the words of Sheldon Cooper

“Well I enjoyed that more than I thought I would”

First trip around the block here on the industrial estate. Probably did no more than 20 - 25kph.

Been a while getting you this point, but I strongly suspect it’s gonna be worth it after that little blast.

Some tuning needed now… and grip tape :joy::joy:

6 Likes

Ha, so not only are the FOCBOXs set up in baby mode, it turns out the remote (Maytech MINI) defaults to slow mode as well…

So in fast (remote) mode, even 40A motor max is insane (I have nothing to compare against). I’m told I can increase this to 80A per motor in BLDC Tool, but that is surely only going to increase power and torque, not top end speed… right ?

Also, I haven’t set it up as sensored yet, nor tried FOC mode.

I know there are tonnes of BLDC threads out there, but which one is you favourite to learn from ? I still have a LOT of reading to do before I start tinkering again :slight_smile:

2 Likes