PaleRider / dual 6374 / FOCBOX / Torque Board 218mm / 10S / ABEC 11 97mm / Maytech

Thanks Ben.

I really couldn’t have done any of this without both Street Wing and yourself.

All I’ve done really is assemble a bunch of bits together, choosing a few extra details to try and personalize my build.

Couldn’t be happier with the way it’s turning out though :grin:

Cheers to the both of you ! :beers:

that is awesome! I was looking at that and thinking no way did that come with the light, it fits too well :slight_smile:

Gonna order one for my build.

1 Like

Yeah I couldn’t quite believe how well it fits … Totally lucked out on that one

5 Likes

it doesn’t happen often, but when it does it is such a great feeling

Beautiful build. I’ve got similar parts but not happy with the deck I went with. I have a redember caldera to move across to I just need a new enclosure.

Will be coming back here for inspiration, just beautiful!

1 Like

Thanks man ! Enjoying putting this thing together

Evolve kindly sent me 2x Pulley covers with the 107s, but of coarse they only fit their tiny motors. Gave me the idea to make my own though for the 6374s.

This is most definitely Version 1, and is too good a fit with only 1mm clearance at best. You could argue that it will stop even more unwanted crud getting in there, but to me at least it looks wrong and needs around 3mm clearance to look best. I’ll take suggestions though…

Took longer to print than design in Fusion :slight_smile:

oh, and the gold filament looks rubbish. Needs to be in black I think !

Version #2 will be better… :joy:

4 Likes

nice design!

is that going up on thingiverse?

Thanks :slight_smile: When I’ve refined it I’ll post up there for the community.

If anyone want’s me to print them a set out, then buy me a :beer: and pay postage and I’ll be happy.

Just working out how to emboss logos on there as well for that personalisation… seems a waste of real-estate otherwise :slight_smile:

ran out of time today, but this file should be perfect. There’s a logo on mine, but have a blank available as well.

Revisions include : extra 0.25mm wall thickness around screw holes, extra 3mm clearance on wheels (107s), and extra filleting for smoothness.

edit : on thingymajgigs now :

can do these for you lol…

3 Likes

oh wow look at that !

first time i have seen anything i didnt design with the Street Wing logo on there.

gave me a big smile - thanks tony :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha no probs ! Was just messing around with logos and stuff. Learned a lot this last few days.

Still need to tweak the design as it happens. The covers are fine for rear mounted motors, but after fitting to mine I’ve found that, for inward facing ones, I need to shave some height off as the covers catch the underside of deck (at full tilt).

Version #4 beckons… :weary::joy:

1 Like

LMAO! I know that feeling only too well. I love my 3D printer for that exact reason, the ability to try out designs in the real world without the cost and time it takes to get prototypes machined is priceless

Sweet build! What mounts did you use?

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s all coming together this last week or so.

The mounts (and drive train for that matter) were all bought from Street Wing in UK. All good quality stuff, and good to know they all work and complement each other instead of having to ‘make things fit’ seeing as it’s my first eSK8 build project.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Can you print this in semi flexible filament? After having some solid risers then changing back to rubber ones the extra vibration killing from the soft risers is certainly noticeable.

Yeah I suppose I could. I had originally planned to use a 3mm one from my regular ramp boards (in tandem, like a sandwich) to act as a cushion, but I’ll look into different filaments once I’ve finalised the design. My main plan here is to have an extra section coming out with the wires, hugging the underside of the deck and routing directly into your enclosure, and thus hiding ALL the wires.

Just concentrating on the riser section first, then will extrude the cable ‘conduit’ to suit, getting the angles and curves right, once I’m happy the riser works OK.

Will be called a CCR… Cable Conduit Riser :joy:

1 Like

well the Photon Remote part of this build has been dropped…

I ordered it on 14th March, albeit as a back order which I was fine with.

Had very little contact about the order, but put this down to ‘small business’ practices.

I’m a patient soul, and finally got an email out of the blue on 30th saying item was shipped. Shipped but not tracked… weird for a purchase of over $200

Sent emails asking for clarification but received no reply. Finally lost patience and thought the only way I’m going to rattle this cage is to open a Paypal Case, clearly stating in the case that I still wanted the remote, but I also need proper info and tracking details for a purchase like this.

6 minutes later I receive a full refund, again with no personal message or reason.

Make of this what you will, but I have to say I’m surprised considering the developer is a memeber on here and all experiences tend to get shared like this.

Regular remote for me it is then :frowning:

Maytech v2. :smiley: Remote

2 Likes