PaleRider / dual 6374 / FOCBOX / Torque Board 218mm / 10S / ABEC 11 97mm / Maytech

oh yeah! I thought the surface grinder it was a lathe at first glance.

So went back to work this afternoon to do what I had had planned to get on with yesterday… before actual work got in the way (annoying how that happens between Mondays and Fridays…)

Didn’t get any electrical stuff done as my original idea of using some D Line trunking to route cables from enclosure turned out to be a duffer, so still thinking of a suitable alternative for that.

I did do plenty of drilling and inserts, basic assembly, and to make it look like I’ve achieved something, I fitted some front and rear lights that I’d bought way back at the start of this project, only to have them sitting in my parts box doing nothing.

In four hours all I accomplished is shown below in pictures, but I work slowly, plus you need to factor in head scratching time, as well as standing back and admiring minutes… :joy:

All in all I’m pleased with today’s progress, and the next big jump will be the internal electrics and making that look neat and tidy.

What do you think of the board so far?

7 Likes

And then the lights…

Since I bought it I’ve seen several other boards on here with this rear light, and the variety of fittings it came with had one that is an absolute perfect fit for what I had in mind, behind the riser.

7 Likes

who built your battery?

What lights are those??

I got it from Street Wing in UK, 10s5p Samsung 30Q cells with BMS

Which ones, front or rear?

How much did it cost?

This is the website :grin:

Sorry I dont see any packs on there website. do they still sell them

the front white really bright ones! :smiley:

That’s weird, I only got it less than a month ago. Prob best to message them for a quote.

ok thanks!

Believe it or not I got those from Lidl

2 Likes

Then I used these to attach…

Grand total of £18 and the beam can be focussed, dimmed or flash. Plus they are water/shock proof, and have a USB port to be used as powerbank (x2).

1 Like

final update before installing the beating heart of this beast.

Was never truly happy with the green and orange 97s and the unbalanced look they gave the board. My remit for the whole project was to make somethingt that looked OEM, if not better, and so far I’m very happy with the way things are turning out. Perhaps despite my better judgement I opted for the Evolve 107s (need to scrape off the Evole Branding). Now the board has brand new look and feel, and the extra size, both diameter and width, of the 107s is far more in proportion to the super wide deck and 218 trucks.

Before I break it down for the open heart surgery I took a few pictures. I’m so looking forward to riding this :slight_smile:

15 Likes

It’s looking sooo good. Really great attention to detail!

3 Likes

@Toughook did that bracket come with the rear light?

1 Like

Beautiful build! Love both the details and the whole style or the board :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes it did, it’s half of one of the cycle brackets, screwed into the underside of the deck. Amazingly the angle matches that of the TB truck kingpin socket (see pic) and it’s as if it’s made to fit snugly in there !

Just hope it’s strong enough as it is (vibrations) but I have an idea to strengthen it up if necessary that I can print out. The whole rear end has an automotive feel to it I think now !

The light slides out of this bracket as well if you push the lock tab down. With it removed you can’t even tell there’s provision for a tail light at all :grin: (but all this is pure luck over design!)

1 Like