Onewheel skateboard

I know right what the hell.

I’d totally jump on that…

That’s what she said.

still waiting for my naze to turn up but from what i understand here is the procedure get CoIDE to compile the code use cheap stlinkv2 dongle and software from st microelectronics to upload to board use the swd pins on the back of the naze rev6 board, foot sensor pads connect to ppm input 1 & 2 and output for vesc is maped to motor one pin (use puuhapet’s code and a naze32 rev6)

1 Like

You can compile and flash with the CoIDE. No need for other software. Windows might need some drivers to discover the stlink dongle.

@Dblaron, I’m interested in the group buy if you are still considering. US resident. Please keep us posted! Thanks!

Do you still have the firmware for this?

Wow! This is quite a thread. Unfortunately looks like not many people succeeded. So, I am going to take a jab at it. I have a YouTube channel by the name of ‘Fungineers’ and I have built Skateboards, battery packs, and stuff with Arduino. However, this seems like quite some work (needs a lot of time and money). I will try to post updates here, but mostly on my channel. Anyone else still working on this project?

3 Likes

Hey @Sindre nice build. So you used the Naze32 and it works ok? Why not an Arduino+gyro?

@goldenHusky awesome build man! Too bad you dont have it any more. Why Arduino mega tho? Isnt a Nano or Uno enough for the IO?

@Fungineers Thanks! The mega has more processing power, I thought it would be useful, it was just a single onewheel so I made no cost improvements.

1 Like

Holy shit… why have I opened the thread.

:man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

@goldenHusky thanks for replying. So did Arduino+gyro work flawless? Did you write your own code? Also please can you give me the dimensions of the aluminium rails. They look exactly like the real deal. How the hell did you get them made?

@Fungineers Yes, it worked, I oriented myself at various projects on github to get an idea on the PID loop and other stuff, the alu rails are standard sizes you can purchase in any metal shop, I don’t remember the exact dimensions but it was a multiple of 5mm, something like 40x20

1 Like

so has anyone gotten the dimensions on the rails yet?

Which GitHub repository did you use in the end?

A mixture of multiple.

Hi Puuhapet,

I received my st-link programmer and naze32 today. What outputs on the st-link do i need to use to connect it to the naze32? And what input pins do i need to use on naze32?

how does this compare to a onewheel?

Did you get the naze32 programmed with the st-link ?

Hi guys. Been a while! It looks like many people have initiated their own builds, which is great! Here’s my progress: Built myself a VESC. Blew it! So built another one, and am gonna program it with stlink. The Omniflight f4 flight controller just arrived in the mail. Perfect timing. So time to tinker with the flight controller. I think this is the most difficult bit right here. @Remieknaapen did you make any headway? Also, Im confused: why would you need to flash firnware on your Naze? If you bought it it should come preinstalled with firmware. What am I missing? Also, anyone has any ideas/ schematics on connecting the flight controller to the VESC and setting up the PIDS, etc.? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Fungineers.