Onewheel skateboard

Hi Fungineers!

The new code for the naze32/flip32 is a dedicated onewheel code and makes it possible to use footpad sensors to start the onewheel. I don’t know i you can use the stock drone software that comes installed on the control board. If you are interested, in the following topic someone is building a code to use an arduino with MPU6050, Still figuring out the code and get it to work, you can see the progress over here https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/onewheel-build-guide/80129/51

I made some progress myself and managed to upload the new code to my naze32. Also my velostat sensor are working but i can’t seem to the get my naze32 with the new code armed or activated by pressing the footpad sensors. The esc output does work though, so my guess is that I need to tweak to code in someway.

1 Like

Do you know if the firmware for the NAZE will also work on my OMNIFLIGHT? I mean it should, since the processor is the same (ARM). I will try to upload the firmware on the Omniflight and see if it works. Could you please advise how you flashed the firmware? Did you supply external power or power from the stlink? How were your connections?

Thanks Fungineers

hi,it is beautiful one wheel skateboard.if you want do it,we can provide these hub motor wheel.:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

hello,i am Dawn from peipeiscooter,we can provide many kinds hub motor wheels,contact me.:smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

I try to buy a hub motor from your side (over AliExpress), your response is horrible. First order U just delivered nothing (but give a delivery Garantie within 8 days) and my new order a few days ago is still „the seller is processing your order“ . A little bit strange when u take 55€ for delivery.

At the moment I cannot recommend your store. But let’s see how the quality of there’s motors are.

3 Likes

This peipeiscooter hub motor has a 15x6.00-6 tyre:

The FM Onewheel has a 11.5 X 6.0-6. I’m wondering whether the 15 inch tyre could be replaced with a standard 11.5 or 11.0 inch go-kart tyre or is the hub geometry likely to be incompatible?

Maybe it fits but just the weight is 9 kilo :crazy_face: from the specs on the link. There is some ow motors on sale, not super crazy expensive but they run 58~63 volts, 14s-15s then vesc will not work

Hey guys, been working hard these past few weeks. The mechanical assembly is almost done. The hard part is the code which Im working on. @Remieknaapen and @MaxGoldenson are also working on the same thing so might have one soon!

Im gonna post updates on the YouTube channel regularly:

4 Likes

I would like to give more likes :slight_smile: The code for what are you guys working is for vesc 4.12 or vesc 6?

1 Like

Nice introduction Fungineers!! Keep up te good work.

I will post some information and pictures of my build next week!

1 Like

Thanks @Surfer Im working on 4.12, but it shouldnt matter as the communication protocol is the same for both version as far as I know. I could be wrong though.

1 Like

Doing a 12S Setup. Should I get a 48V or 60V Motor at 600W? I’m assuming the 48V should be good enough since the voltage will drop and there should be enough of a safety margin on the components but I just wanted to get some more opinions.

1 Like

48 should be good.

Progress: I did run the whole setup on the bench successfully. Waiting for the rails to be painted and come back!

2 Likes

Older posts already but perhaps someone can help with this. I have been trying to flash the Mainwheel repository from @blezalex to a Naze32 Rev5 board. Flashing succeeded with Betaflight configurator, but there is no data coming through on the app when I connect it with my phone. first boot shows a solid blue LED and a fast blinking red light. hot reboot only gives solid Blue on the flightcontroller.

Is see people here are using ST-link programmer to flash the board. Is this because the original bootloader needs to be replaced? Someone that succeeded with this and that can help me out?

[edit] I soldered DIO/GND/CLK to the bottom pads and flashed the hex file with my ST linker. Flashing and verification runs smooth and without errors but the outcome is the same? Perhaps it is a baudrate thing?

@Remieknaapen I see you are from the Netherlands as well, perhaps we could get in touch?

1 Like

hey buddy! we just need to get your level up then you can PM

1 Like

I have a stock onewheel motor im trying to figure out the phase wiring. Is there any chance this thing Is a 6 phase motor instead of 3?

No, is 3 phase motor, just 1 pin connector is not enough for the total current, so is 2 pin for phase.

2 Likes

Thanks man, that’s what I was thinking also, just wanted to be sure