Old Snowboard into a new deck

So someone gave me a kids size snowboard…

I was thinking of chopping it down into a longboard

Good idea…bad idea?

Anyone ever try it?

do it! we need more unique builds

I need a shape …

You can ask this guy for tips :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Hahaha…maybe I should make a board out of wine bottles lol

1 Like

build it out of grass

Ok this guy is to much, seems to be a happy fellow. 4 trucks, 6 wheels.

Getting some inspiration @Michaelinvegas ?

1 Like

Lol @Blasto where do you find these nuts? Lol

doo it! where is whitepony? he’ll tell you not to do it because its not the proper intended function of this device.

2 Likes

It’s not a bad idea at all, you can still do trick with it.

1 Like

Well I’m planning to cut it down to a shorter size to help reduce the sag … Not sure how short it needs to be so I don’t have worry abt the enclosure scrapping the ground…

So I’m guessing it will need to be short or I need to add a support to give it some stiffness

This is the a :point_up_2:t2: snowboard that someone cut … I’ll need to make it this shape to avoid cutting out wheel wells like the dude above in the video

haha, actually I love the videos - some quirky people on this earth :joy:

@Michaelinvegas Haha, great minds think alike. I’ve been toying with this idea off and on for about a month or two, but haven’t decided whether it’s worth the trouble. I didn’t even think about the kids board. You could always put the enclosure on top…

1 Like

I made a longboard out of a winterstick snowboard about 15 years ago. It’s still going strong, I cut it into a long oval shape with a jigsaw. Very flexy though for an electric build.

1 Like

How long did you make it @bigben ? The one in the picture seems very short.

Man that guys is unique…

Mine is 45 inches nose to tail. I’m probably 200lbs and is a nice cruiser board but certainly too flexible for a lectric deck.

If I remember rightly the insert width was perfect for drilling straight through to put the first two bolts in.

2 Likes

Nice @bigben

Yeah looks like I’ll need to shorten it up or figure out something to stiffen it up

@Michaelinvegas Get some square steel tubing from the hardware store and bolt it to the board along the bottom edges like a grab rail.

1 Like

Good idea!!!

:metal:t2:

1 Like