Carvon Discussion

Got an ETA on XL orders? I still haven’t received any email of the status or shipping situation.

1 Like

Read like 5 posts up. He just got the long awaited hangers anodized yesterday. There are 10 to be made soon

4 Likes

Do you mean 11? Lol

How many exo pros did you manage to ship this week? Have had a chance to send longhairedboy more materials for the evos?

1 Like

However - more power you’ve got = for longer you can maintain the max torque of your motor. So, if you have extremely “torqy” e-machine but very little power, you will get clamped by max power at extremely low RPM.

Another argument for higher power motors is if you use thicker winding, the e-machine will have less resistance and therefore heat up slower, dissipate heat faster and overall be better for long use scenarios. Higher copper mass also allows one to have longer “momentary max power” rating which exceed maximum continuous current.

So e-machine with lots of torque will give more power at minimal rpm, however it will peak out very fast and the it’s just asthma-drive :slight_smile:

Anyway @LEVer, don’t get this the wrong way - you at least come up clean on actual ratings of motor, design etc which for me is more important rather than buying supa dupa 12938457102983652345 gigawat garage motor.

Look what LHB is posting!

13 Likes

@longhairedboy’s chainsaw skills are amazing! Look how clean those enclosure cutouts are! :open_mouth:Almost like he was some kind of machine.

5 Likes

Does the middle of xl deck drop down? I tend to use a wide stance when going real fast. The Landyachtz Evo deck with the drop down will shorten or restrict my wide stance. Can I change to XL deck with same Evo 4wd set up? Can you reply with photo of xl deck?

There is no XL deck. Only the Exo and Evo are completes. The XL’s are just a drive system (truck & direct drive motors) made in a limited quantity.

2 Likes

Gonna start sending tracking tomorrow.

2 Likes

We’re not giving out the numbers. If you did not get an email with tracking numbers, then that means yours is not up yet.

2 Likes

That’s why I posted on the TorqueDrive GB, you shouldn’t use that motor with too much high amps/high rpm or else they will heat up. If one wants to maintain the top speed on TD, they need to increase diameter of wheels.

Thicker winding would be great, if there is enough space.

That’s why don’t get a TorqueDrive, get a SpeedDrive. But don’t complain about the lack of torque on the SpeedDrive just because of exactly what you just explained.

I don’t know what you mean by “come up clean”, I already told how much amps the motors can take, then you can calculate that with the voltage and come up the Watts. I’m not coming up with these numbers from air, I ride these motors too. Just this weekend, I’ve been riding/testing/observing/documenting/etc. them. You can ask the guys I rode with to get an independent opinion.

You guys are so anal about the motors when the motors are everywhere. Almost all configuration are out there. No need to re-invent them. Real innovation is on the trucks, the axle, the wheel adapters, the deck, the wheels, the interface, etc. There’s no point in making “THE MOST POWERFUL MOTOR” when your trucks can’t handle them. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

@Mobutusan is right. We are only using the Landyachtz Evo deck for EVO with SpeedDrive R, EVO with SpeedDrive XL (discontinued) and EVO with SpeedDrive R 4WD.

1 Like

@LEVer Quick question about the Exo Pro. I know the TD uses a 10mm axle and bearing. Does the front truck on that use the same as well or is it 8mm?

1 Like

Just 8mm. It’s a Randal 200mm (hanger) clone.

Agree on how the motors are everywhere, its not like the Motors themselves are the innovations here in the first place but rather how they are positioned that make up the drive train which is what sets Carvon drives apart from hubs and satellite configs

So excited for my XL :smiley:

are this randal 200mm front-trucks on the exo pro good for carving?

I want to find a bag to carry my future exo pro when I’m not in the state of rolling (:beers:). Does anyone have a suggestion for something practical? Thanks

Can you travel on plane with EXO Pro?