Carvon Discussion

That’s why I posted on the TorqueDrive GB, you shouldn’t use that motor with too much high amps/high rpm or else they will heat up. If one wants to maintain the top speed on TD, they need to increase diameter of wheels.

Thicker winding would be great, if there is enough space.

That’s why don’t get a TorqueDrive, get a SpeedDrive. But don’t complain about the lack of torque on the SpeedDrive just because of exactly what you just explained.

I don’t know what you mean by “come up clean”, I already told how much amps the motors can take, then you can calculate that with the voltage and come up the Watts. I’m not coming up with these numbers from air, I ride these motors too. Just this weekend, I’ve been riding/testing/observing/documenting/etc. them. You can ask the guys I rode with to get an independent opinion.

You guys are so anal about the motors when the motors are everywhere. Almost all configuration are out there. No need to re-invent them. Real innovation is on the trucks, the axle, the wheel adapters, the deck, the wheels, the interface, etc. There’s no point in making “THE MOST POWERFUL MOTOR” when your trucks can’t handle them. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

@Mobutusan is right. We are only using the Landyachtz Evo deck for EVO with SpeedDrive R, EVO with SpeedDrive XL (discontinued) and EVO with SpeedDrive R 4WD.

1 Like

@LEVer Quick question about the Exo Pro. I know the TD uses a 10mm axle and bearing. Does the front truck on that use the same as well or is it 8mm?

1 Like

Just 8mm. It’s a Randal 200mm (hanger) clone.

Agree on how the motors are everywhere, its not like the Motors themselves are the innovations here in the first place but rather how they are positioned that make up the drive train which is what sets Carvon drives apart from hubs and satellite configs

So excited for my XL :smiley:

are this randal 200mm front-trucks on the exo pro good for carving?

I want to find a bag to carry my future exo pro when I’m not in the state of rolling (:beers:). Does anyone have a suggestion for something practical? Thanks

Can you travel on plane with EXO Pro?

nope! the legislation concerning lithium batteries may change a bit from company to company, but not in a way that it would ever authorize the battery of a skate.

How many have you had a chance to send? is this a we have sent 1 board to someone who wasn’t part of the original backers but will probably make a nice video about it type deal or is it a we have actually shipped 15 out of the 46 on the campaign ?

It’s true. I only use the chainsaw when precision matters, i’m much better with it than the x-carve is with the dewalt 511 router.

3 Likes

I just got my shipping conf. for my XL’s. Looking forward to holding these bad boys.

To those that got their tracking for XL’s, please let me know if you moved. Or else we will send to the address on PayPal.

Yes, but if you want the front to dip more, I’d recommend the Evolve truck. It’s 11 inches wide too and same height with the TD when you mount drop-through. There’s also SurfRodz TKP and Originals S10, but not sure if they have will have same height of TD.

1 Like

Nope, it’s 324Wh. We’re still going to sell the regular EXO with the Koowheel deck and battery system for those that want the ability (YMMV) to travel by air with it and/or the swappable system. But only a top mount this time.

1 Like

That’s great news! Can you tell us how many XL’s went out, and when the next batch might be ready? Or maybe even post a list of the first name and last initial of those who are supposed to receive tracking info, in case the email ends up in a spam folder? I don’t want to seem pushy, but I’m moving in a couple weeks and don’t want these things to get delivered to a vacant house and disappear off the door step before I can get my hands on them.

Just got my confirmation for my XLs.

1 Like

Please check your PayPal, you have a tracking number.

1 Like

Just to make sure, I’m still in there for the XL right?