NoWinds first commercial Board : Leiftech E-Snowboard

The Honeycombs are so nice…

Yeah you are welcome Bro… anytime

A dedication to my mate Jenso.

5 Likes

I’m also Junked by the idea of having a Leif-Style-Board.

Is there any alternative to the Leif system that you could buy in Parts ? cause for me its clear that i wanna use my VESC’s and Remotes and my Battery setup.

So i’d actually just need the two turnable Motor Drives ?

1 Like

Nice actually just found this thread. Not much activity still amazing idea and design.

@VillainousJackal how is thre progress on you Design ?

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/ground-up-e-freeboard-custom-control-algorithm-dual-vesc-dual-hub-2200w-150kv-motors-work-in-progress/24354

Hi, I sent you an email asking for a quote for pair of Boro Centerwheels with built in driveshaft and 2 spare pulleys for each side (2 big and 2 small), did you receive it? its from Sherzod, thank you

1 Like

Hey Yap i got it … will check in the workshop whats left from this Leiftech Batch… You get an answer later today, promised …

@KhanCity you got an email (-;

One complete Kit available right now… you can choose for two different centerwheels…

6 Likes

can’t recommend enough Jen’s kits. Makes the riding so much predictable and easier to learn.

5 Likes

Thanks Bro. Thats excactly my thinking, it was an huge step into secured/precise riding for myself.

Hate to resurrect the thread; but… How is everything going Nowind? Still riding the Leif? Also, any idea on another round of boro wheel manufacture in the future?

Hey

Yap still riding the Board… with VESC-4 , Boro Center, BaBlues Outer, Bamboo Deck, custom Pulleys…

Still love the driving style of this… really amzing… its like you have an addional axxis which no other board have… amazing

Puuh was alot work with the Boros… all sold… yeah i would think about but more preorder style… so many other projects actually that i have to sort out prioritys (-; So if you know some people who want a upgrade let me know

Cheers

1 Like

I’m considering buying a used V1 with a couple of batteries and a broken pulley cover. I’d like to work on it myself and was going to ask if 1.) you’d be making more of the wheels since I don’t have access to a machine shop anymore and 2.) if the board has kept up in your rotation of esk8s.

It sounds like #2 is answered and #1 would be a potential in the future. So now I want to ask: do you feel the work was worth it to improve upon the board? I’m curious if the folks at leiftech would send you a V2 to see how it mocks up but I’m kind of excited to make a few hands on improvements myself.

Cheers

1 Like

Hey Fact is i love the Riding Expierence… Amazing

For me V1 was okay because i can build most stuff by myself… i was not aware of all bugs … what i saw on the Leif Forum was a lack of support for customers with same problems as mine…

a regular customer run into serios problems when you dont get spares…

Read the whole thread here brother… there where many problems I think Boro Wheels and Vesc Upgrade is biggest Improvement and best for fast progression

If you like to fix things by yourself take the V1… dont know what the V2 has fixxed…

To be honest i think best would be someone offers this Slipring System with attached Casterwheels… this way you could upgrade a regular Freebord direct…

2 Likes

This is really, really cool. For one, the mayhem you’ve wrought on this board through sheer riding is impressive in it’s own right. The fact that you replaced virtually everything but the motors is pretty astonishing.

Knowing what you do now, would you have started with a freebord and figured out motors, or would you still have bought the leif as a base to work from? I have zero electrical/engineering experience, but this looks like something I could dive into and would be a fun project.

If you’re set to go that way, you need to combine a swivel plate / fork or whatever this thing is called

with a pancake 3 tracks slipring ready for adequate amperage of the motor phases. https://hackadaycom.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/pancake-slip-ring.jpg

There’s not much more to it; a bit of mechanical smarts to cnc a motor / caster wheel mount that you can attach to the fork and you’re pretty much gold.

4 Likes

Anyone knows if it’s legal to ride this board in Germany? Berlin in particular

not legal - anything that gets you to more than 6km/h without you doing physical work is illegal.

I smell a new category in the e-toxx shop. gogo

2 Likes

I got Leiftech board and I think I throw it off the driveway more then ride it now. Having gravel and uneven ground it’s no fun.

I actually have Blink S2, Blink lite, boosted board 2, Quattro ACTON supposed to be here tomorrow and my kids have electric boards. The Leiftech is the only I bounced off ground. I have to push it like my longboard even though it has motor, it is horrible on any gravel just won’t go, will not go uphill and they sent me directions for previous board which only added to frustration with this.

How are you guys actually using these boards? Maybe it’s my size but this will not climb hills. I’m 6’1 280lbs. Where are you guys riding this board? Sorry for frustration but this board is killing me. Love snowboarding so I got it.

I only ride flat and smooth freshly built supermarket parkings with it. This way it’s ok.