Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

The ESC switch of a HK Car esc doesn’t output a huge current if I’m correct so should be fine. I wanna replace the ESC switch(red and white),

[ignore the reset wire (black), I don’t throttle calibrate often once its set.]

You should tell us for what you need the switch. Then we can give you a better answer.

Yes, if you want to replace the stock button of the ESC you could use the shown switch. But i do not know for sure

that should probably work if you just use it for your esc, just don´t use it to break the battery circuit! also you should maintain the calibrate button, because you´ll probably lose connection a few times, that´s when you´ll need it :wink:

Thanks for all the reply and concerns as to what I’m doing with the switch… Now my question remains, how do I wire this up? x) Thanks

Ignore my previous question of 4 prongs, the one I just ordered is 5 prong and this is what it looks like.

The 12v battery is only to power the LED on the switch. (NOT FOR THE ESC AT ALL)

The 12v battery goes to + and - on the switch. Two of the three wires from the esc should go to NO and C.

Thank you so much. When it arrives I shall give it a go.

I am certainly not sure if my explanation is correct… I just got told that it should work like this.

When i try out a switch i dont solder the cables in the beginning. i just hold the cables against the prongs and test it out. when i have the desired wiring i will solder it for the longterm.

I see… However, you said that the battery goes straight to + and - but wouldn’t that just keep the switch LED ON all the time? I think one of the positive or negatives of the battery leads should go into another so that when the button is pressed in, only then will the LED turn on.

You are right. I thought about getting the 12V from the ESC somewhere.

Im planning on building a Mountain board next year.

With 2 of this battery:

(Or this but more expensive:)

Together with this esc: http://www.voelkner.de/products/182335/Roxxy-Blcontrol-9100-12-Opto.html

With 170 kv 3200w Motors

Do you guys think this will work well? I never used Lipos and im a bit afraid of them :sweat_smile:

This thread is just perfect for this questions. No need to start a new thread everytime someone has just a small question like this.

looks good!

Do you know what range i will get from them? And im still searching for a imax b6 for charging but there are so many labels to choose. can you recommend one? Its possible to charge them at the same time if i resolder the balancing cables in parralel?

I would expect 20 miles with the 15000mAh battery, and 25 miles with the 20000mAh. It is best to get a genuine iMax B6, so this. It’s the V2, so you can plug straight into the wall. Much better than the alternatives.

Yes, but be careful

1 Like

I just got my VESC from Alien Power Systems (the flier model) without realizing that it may not be programmed. Is this true, does it have no firmware or do I just need to update the firmware? Does anyone have any tips on what should do to if it has no firmware? I read somewhere that Linux is required to upload the firmware to the VESC, but I run Windows 10. Any help would be really appreciated.

hi can any body help me i need to wire up to roxxy robbe rc esc 12s but i dont know how to set it up so the go the same speed wit the reciver btw ther is no bec in them i just use a 4.8 volt battery
i use the Nano Remote Controller from idk(china)

you´ll need to get a st link v2 to upload the firmware first. Just search Upload firmware vesc :wink:

How do I estimate range. Thanks

1 kilometer per 10 watt hours seems to be a decent estimate.

Wh = Ah * V

1 Like

How many amps would a 230kv motor pull on 6s and on 8s with 150lbs rider and 16/ 36 gearing g on 90mm wheels?

depends. If you´re going up a reaaaaally steep hill and you´re batteries and esc is able to provide the full amount of energy you´re motor is capable of, it will pull as much as it can. So if you got a 3000W motor and 6s you´ll be able to pull 135A theoretical. Should be a bit less in reality. Watt = Amps x Volts (1s = 3,7V Lipo) That´s your formula to work with to get your max Amps

1 Like