Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Yes, but.

Yes, you can go over dirt and grass, but you’ll probably get stuck because urethane wheels are slick and have no knobs like tires do. Best way to test the capability of your vehicle is to actually ride it.

okay im just gonna start out slow thanks

Hub motors with 110mm wheels? What brand?

ae board https://www.aeboarder.com/collections/boards/products/copy-of-40-inch-aeboard-ae1-electric-skateboard-10s3p-battery im getting this setup comes with 90 mm wheels and 110 mm wheels

Weird they don’t have any examples of these hubs with 110mm wheels. I saw some 105mm wheels but only saw front wheels. Saw hub pneumatic wheels tho.

I have a single motor lift board, and they made it un changable. I bought a 270-5m kit to replace the ground down plastic parts but it’s too long and won’t fit on my mount. So I tried a mount from the 225-3m kit I bought but it isn’t long enough. If I were to change from 3m to 5m I’d need new wheels and a bigger mount but I don’t have the time or money to be guessing and I want to do this as cheaply as possible bc I only bought this to get to work. The only 270 kit I found with a mount is $96 and I’d rather just buy a motor kit for a bike

Hey All!

I have a board from diyeboard.com (This One)

that overall is alright. But I do have a MAJOR issue with it. If I go full speed for more than 45 seconds, the power will shut off completely on the board. It will NOT turn back on until I plug it back onto the charger- and the. It’ll pop back on and perform as normal.

What do I need to swap out to fix this issue? I tried to research and am not sure if the ESC is overheating or the battery is no good

Have you considered buying individual parts rather than a kit? You can get different length belts, different mounts, different pulleys, the works.

Sounds like your BMS is shutting down due to overcurrent.

Kit just has the same size pulleys with a belt included. My problem is the only two motor mounts I have aren’t long enough. I just don’t want to buy another mount to have the same problem. I need one that definitely fits the 270 length belt. If you know of one thats cheap and I can buy.

Dumb question, why not just buy a shorter belt? Easier to change belt length than your whole mount.

I didn’t even consider that an option. Any special places I can buy a specific size belts

Where are you located?

Ah, okay. What’s the best course of action in that case? New BMS?

A new BMS is probably a good idea. While you’re in there, take a good look around the battery pack, connections, and the battery cells themselves and make sure everything looks OK.

can anyone here extrude walls? My 3d printed enclosure is to small, i need more clearance to stack 18650’s, I do not know how to do that. This is my current enclosure. https://myhub.autodesk360.com/ue2c3b496/g/projects/20190706202406501/data/dXJuOmFkc2sud2lwcHJvZDpmcy5mb2xkZXI6Y28uaTRWOUk2TzFRR1NLWUdRcTZIMDh6UQ/dXJuOmFkc2sud2lwcHJvZDpkbS5saW5lYWdlOlJLOEFBQy1oUUlPOHQydm5VS1hQUVE?show=viewer

Can’t view that link - “Your Autodesk ID [email protected] isn’t registered with this hub.” Try again?

This is the design v

This is it, except i need 2 end, 2 ext, and 1 middle, but higher walls, I need it 45mm high.

So add 23mm of height?