Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

I’m gonna examine the entire build, maybe the flat spot I filed for the set screw on the pulley is slipping during braking due to momentum.

1 Like

You have only a setcrew for clamping down your motorpulley, if I understand that correctly?

What cells?

Yes two set screws on the motor pulley. It’s a dickyho set.

Shenzhen China 2000mah batteries I bought off eBay from a seller who was selling packs from returned esk8s

Bypassed for charge only bms running 2 10s2p packs in parallel

Then nobody can tell you what charge current is safe until you know the ratings of your cells.

I understand, that’s why I just left it at -10. I am aware of the limitations of my cheap batteries, but I wanted to make sure that I like esk8 Before investing

My 10s4p only cost me $60 lol

Mill a keyway hole into your shaft or glue it with some green loctite or buy a motor with a premade keywayhole and a motorpulley with a keyway.

What is the typical depth of the keyway? I will drill a hole for the set screws With my drill press

Is it possible for a master focbox to die but still have the slave working fine and getting remote signal from canbus? All the lights do what they normally and nothing inside looks cooked but it won’t connect to the bldc tool and it won’t power a motor, and I can’t connect to my metr.pro that’s on the master.

I find it weird that the master would “die” and the slave would still work as if nothing happened. Perhaps it’s not borked?

If you drill a hole through the shaft, you will weaken the shaft structure strengh. Better you glue it with some green loctite. Let cure it for 24 before taking it out. btw. Could you upload a picture of the shaft and the pulley?

I will later today after work, i filed a flat spot for the set screw, maybe not enough to hold it, I wouldn’t drill all the way through the shaft, Just enough for the setscrew to have a bite, but I’ll try the Loctite first

A flat spot is fine, as long as it’s wide enough for the setscrew to sit against.

If you decide to use a drill, a 2mm deep dimple is enough.

Thank you sir

i have an evolve carbin gt dose anyone have ideas of test i could do with it my family thinks its worthless if i cant prove it can be used in multiple tests/experiments it will be gotten rid of

So much :question:

Do they know about standing on top of it and pushing the throttle?

4 Likes

I changed my battery from 10 to 12s Do I need to redo motor detection or not?

Also the motor is making a really loud and weird clicking noise at around 30kmh for a second and after that it just runs fine

Like turbo spool on a car and after it a huge amount of power comes :smiley:

1 Like

Why not just redo detection? Might help. Certainly won’t hurt… right?

1 Like

You can solder a pack, but you need an absurdly powerful iron and alot of skill. Its not worth it to risk it. 1 failure and you have a fire.

With about a 1 week delay, i can build an ordinary 30q 12s4p pack for $400 shipped. Lmk if you are interested. Usa shipping btw

Do not make a pack using solder on the cells.

1 Like