Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

You tell me

Sounds like a name you call the “last call” girl you took home when the bar closed the next day when your telling your buddies.

Ive got some fuses in front of me that I want to use for my boards charging wires

I’m supposed to just snip the negative wire and then solder it together? I just want to make sure I wont blow myself up :joy:

Capture

Please verify the wiring.

BAT - >> BMS B -
BAT + >> I don’t see a separate B+ pad on BMS. Do I just connect the first balance wire to B+?
BMS P- >> Anti Spark’s B-
BMC C- >> charger port

Do I need a fuse for this setup?
Do I need a safety cutoff mechanism between the anti spark and BMS ?

I think the people fuse the charge point usually to protect the battery

but I think BMS can cut the power for high amps !

People do it anyway in case it fails to do so, I think the BMS failing is why people fuse it.

1 Like

I usually fuse the positive wire, but either is fine. You only need to cut one or the other, and WHATEVER you do, don’t short the cutters across anything - They should only ever be in contact with one wire and your hand.

@farnamweb Use a fuse on the charge port. It’s a $5 (at most) addition, and may save you the price of a new BMS in the future.

2 Likes

Yep! Reconnected everything and no kablooey

Time to plug in the charger before actually bolting everything shut.

Can I ask your process of plugging in your boards? Wall plug first, then barrel plug? Or barrel plug first, then wall? Does it matter?

Thanks. Could you also verify my wiring on the post above?

I just got my Loaded Vanguard Deck. The top has a clear grip coating. Do I still need to install a grip tape?

btw, Loaded is selling new factory blemished decks for $148

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B075NQGJJ8/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

It really depends on your exact model of BMS - they’re all a little different.

@anon64938381 I’ve never noticed a difference. Any decent power supply or charger should have adequate protection and safety features to handle either with no issues.

2 Likes

What bearing type do you use to put long board wheels on channel trucks? I think 6900 but I’m not sure

Best to keep both, so if one breaks you can swap it out while you try to repair or replace the other one.

Can you make me a xt60 loop key, I don’t trust myself with shit

XT60, or XT90?

1 Like

You would use a xt90 for the loop key but not every xt90 can be a key. The loop key will have a green L

1 Like

Xt60, that’s the connectors I’m working with right now

I don’t recommend using XT60s as loopkeys because they have no antispark capability. I’d recommend replacing that one with an XT90.

3 Likes

Could you possibly make me one? I’m not comfortable making one on my own because my soldering skills are shit