Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

The lead acid car batteries are rated for 12v 900a, unless you were referring to small lead acid cells in which case I have no idea the rating

I was talking about the pack he linked. Not some random one.

Even if i didnt, its an eskate forum. If someone says 12s4p odds are they are talking about li-ion. Occasionally lipo, but that’s usually stated by capacity instead of p group

There are 100000 types of car batteries. I cheaped out and replaced mine with a 200cca battery. A 900a is massive and more likely used for a large v8 or similiar sized engine

You said

Which may or may not be true. Because you didn’t say “that 4P pack” you said “a 4P pack”

Details matter a lot and someone could come in here and read that and believe it.

One typo is not the end of the world. Its a direct reply to his link

I just pulled it out of a BMW 318ti about 2 months ago

1 Like

With lithium batteries, it actually is.

1 Like

Well in this case it defnetely isn’t. I said it CANT handle 25a. Even if someone confused it, its not detrimental advice.

Im not sure how lead acid is even relevant anyway. I have never seen a serious board using them. Just experimental things

Thats a pretty good battery. 900a is massive.

image :sunglasses:

Still in production lol

2 Likes

What on earth is that thing. Do you have more pics or a link?

1 Like

Goes on this hideous monster. I got one for the kids about 8 years ago and upgraded it to lipo and brushless motor. Its huge.My daughter and 2 friends used to cool runnings it to school

2 Likes

Hey hey! Screenshot_20190426-145846_Chrome

@bigben is that your enclosure holding that heavy AF SLA?

2 Likes

Shhhh, that’s a secret unreleased model.

2 Likes

I’m going to resurrect the old girl. Proper build thread. Call it the FIIK OFF

1 Like

Damn man, don’t tell them the name of the secret box. Now it’s not secret…

1 Like

Can someone help me with my noob question so I don’t mess it up please?

I’ve got the enclosure and it is one solid piece of plastic. Reckon I could get 8 6s batteries in there. You could chuck it on an 80s kicker and it would act like the old kingpin sliders.

I haven’t used it yet, but if I was you I might try this one

But the software you use is an important decision nobody else can make for you.

Thank you sir, I will read. What about the voltage?