Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

I don’t know why but it looks like a phase wires extensions pb …
:smiley: thx guys, I have to put my madbox back and it should be good ^^

Thank you once again :v: :v: :v:

1 Like

[shitpost] few years ago I saw an eboard in my dreams with Beautiful royally dark zebrawood skateboard deck, 60mm 4WD hub motors, a very clean black battery box underneath and independent four wheel suspension just like this:

but much cleaner and a bit more bigger (or the wheel in the picture are too big?). It was a summer evening in some pub-bar pedestrian area in the city and the guy riding it did an ollie over like meter wide ‘gravel’ belt in the smooth granite pavement area and did a nice soft landing right in front of me. After that we went into the pub, laid our eboards next to a wall and had a beer or something. Trippy

But I never thought this kinda independent suspension was possible on eboards tho, never seen those before. Just randomly saw this on google search

Gotta love the elements of REM sleep :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

How in the focbox Unity basic tool can I change from foc to bldc and what would be the max braking regen current for a duel 6s lipo 8000mah 60c run it in series.ui

haha, don’t shame me now but I have a really noob question - I had impluse bought 180mm Paris trucks for eboards, but I was sceptical of the M4 holes on the baseplates so I drilled them to 5.5mm or something – what do people think of it? Compromised? o.O

I believe the base plate holes are 10-32. You should be ok but just be mindful.

Irritatingly so. If you have a welder with wands or hand held welding probes, use a step weld instead of a parallel weld. And keep your positive lead in the ame place, on the metal below, and move the negative around on top of the metal above for multiple welds.

1 Like

So i did the measurements (unless i did it wrong) & this is what i came up with. 12s6p Double Stack. Im doing (2) 6s6p then connecting into series so the pack could be flex.

Heres the first link of the wrap that ill be using for the (2) 6s6p pack

& heres the other wrap ill use when i wrap both pack together (course with some protecting in between)

Please someone confirm before i buy. I stay buying wrong sizes lol. Im even willing too give some away if anyone wants them since i have no use of them

Has anyone made a launch control that you can do in the Vesc tool? Also, has anyone done a “boost” button ie a turbo.

I did this on an old scooter with sla batteries in it. I had 3 batteries in series (36v) and then a huge toggle switch that would add in a 4th battery to make it 48v. The motor would get insanely hot and I had to have a 12v charger for the turbo pack separately from my 36v charger.

No idea on the vesc end just wanted to share with the class

2 Likes

Do you need a smart BMS if you are using a Focbox Unity? The smart BMS tacks parameters but the unity does that anyway. Would you be able to get just a charge only BMS (LiIon Cells)

Yes, charge only is fine

1 Like

awesome thanks

Would the Unity track all the same things as the Smart BMS? Or just a few?

Depends on the bms and what things you’re trying to track. Diebiebms gives you individual cell voltage levels, unity does not. Most likely you will lose some features of a smart bms.

But the unityt had all the important ones so it’s fine

2 Likes

IMG_20190402_160841

Alright… Stripped motor mount screw… What do I do? Lol :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That happened to me too. Had to use Dremel to “tap” it so I could use a flat head to remove them.

Socket cap head screws are the way to go than button heads. Or use proper tools.

2 Likes

@Boardnamics do you know of better screws to use for your mounts? 3 are stripped now :frowning:

@ryansinatra The ones I include are kinda soft cause they’re stainless but they are torx which is not easy to strip. What size torx are you using?

1 Like

I guess it’s probably because I was using a hex wrench with them because I didn’t know they were meant to be used with something else…