Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Nobody can answer that without knowing a lot more about your setup and what you need it for.

Will this be a tool or a toy? What’s the rest of it? Does it have longboard wheels or tires? Where will you be riding it?

What’s your total budget? What do you already have?

1 Like

My total budget is around 2300 usd. It will be used more as a toy. I’m going to be using a trampa 35 Short deck with 8in wheels. Mostly on the street, but during the summer more off roading. I don’t have any other parts as I’m still pricing together a parts list.

Hello, anyone know if caliber precision trucks axle can be replace?

Do you guys recommend matrix 2 trucks or trampa ATB trucks? For a mountainboard.

IMG_20190329_145004 IMG_20190329_145017

Which way is correct. Maybe i’m an idiot but I can’t figure out which way is the right way

Top photo​

4 Likes

I ran into this issue as well and saw no designation on the receiver. Luckily your remote doesn’t explode if plugged backwards… Unlike other things

4 Likes

I added it to the guide. Nice question! :smiley:

https://forum./t/how-to-bind-the-mini-remote/95/19?u=b264

4 Likes

Sometimes stupid questions are good ones I guess. Thanks for the response. Good to know it won’t explode.

One of my connectors arrived damaged. Any suggestions on best way to fix this up?

IMG_20190329_145224

2 Likes

Is that connector still connecting? If so then just a dab of super glue in the split should hold it.

JB Weld 8265-S is always better than superglue (except when keeping keys from rattling)

1 Like

on that little tiny split? I would end up with a blob of epoxy with wires sticking out and covered in the shit. Thats just me though.

2 Likes

So I have a small space problem within my enclosure so I would like to top-mount my vesc. Anyone got a suggestion? Preferably for two 4.12 vesc’s and a antispark switch. :slight_smile:

I’m doing my first build and just was wondering what parts you guys recommend when it comes to motors, mounts, and VESC. I’m looking to get around 25-30 mph for the top speed. Also can you use the push to start switch on a belt driven board? And can I use this remote with 2 VESCs?

My new video on making batterys

https://youtu.be/od9hAs69crk

I just made a total noob mistake and wanted some advice. I mixed up my battery config in the esk8 calculator when selecting a gear ratio and already bought a chain drive train with a 4.2 ratio. I was planning 2 6s Lipo packs in series but mistyped it as a single 6s pack and it threw off my calculations. According to the calculator 6s would give me the speed I want with enough torque, but 12s would be twice as fast as I want, but also half the torque at the same gear ratio.

To me it seems like I have two options; use a 6s battery and keep the gear ratio as it is, or go 12s and change the gear ratio which will be more difficult since I would need to make a 72tooth or higher count sprocket to fit Superstar hubs since I can’t find any online. Is there a disadvantage to doing the former with 6s if I keep the amperage under 80 with a focbox?

What I’ve heard , it’s probably better to go with a 6s 2p becaus you’ll have a better idea range , and 12s puts your vesc to the limits of it capabilities which can therefore shorten it’s life , hope this helps

1 Like

Yes but why not get your remote from @JLabs cause he has 25% off his site for newsletter subscribers

Is it the same style remote? Got a link?