Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Don’t judge a book by its cover, single motor sk3 got me up a decent incline at 20mph

1 Like

And this was a 10s2p battery

I still have my banshee hubs… sold the esc but its basically a modified ownboard kit

1 Like

Anyone have any comments on the ownboard 105mm all terrain hubs?

What esc are you running it on now bud?

Im not. Traded it for belt drive. I did have flipsky dual tho

1 Like

Speed wobble, at low speeds

Thanks for that input

1 Like

So your entire deck is 23 inches or your WB?

Its the WB!! :slight_smile:

I would contact him and double check which would be best Worst case you get the bigly and have to modify it

1 Like

Thanks man

Single belt drive can be just dandy if it’s done correctly. A lot of mine are single belt. Look at my build thread, that’s the latest one

If I Currently get an error of "Status: Invalid serial port: " on the VESC tool, but if I upgrade the vesc tool, I get com3 limited, does that mean my usb port is broken?

How bad is it to mount the batteries and ESC above the rear trucks? Putting a sketchy 10s2p w/ BMS and dual ESC in a plastic Tupperware container with some foam insulation, and bolting it with the rear trucks hardware directly to the deck, maybe a rubber pad in between.

It’s a drop deck and I have short legs so I can’t easily put in underneath like usual or on top like a mountain board

Probably gonna hot glue the bolts and wires for waterproofing

F72786FA-71C7-4198-814C-11719BCB1BFC

No problem at all if you have room.

4 Likes

Use silicon for water resistance. Use @b264 for water proofing

4 Likes

Sweet, just wanted to make sure the vibrations arn’t an issue or something like that

1 Like

I have a layer of neoprene between the truck top and the box. Its my test rig. Seen some action has that old girl. Destroyed many a vesc. Well maybe that was mostly me but thats my story and I’m sticking to it.

@ZachTetra agreed. Rubber washers do this job well and look clean too

1 Like