Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Bestech is the go to bms they are what the people looking for the best go with you canā€™t go wrong with it

1 Like

Oke I will get a bestech for sure!

Made a new scheme with all your guys`s tips. Hopefully its correct now :smiley: Wasnā€™t quite sure if the position of the fuse is right so maybe thatā€™s a point of improvement? 0%20met%20tips%2017-2-2019

I donā€™t think that specific BMS has B0. Only B1 through B12. So the top-most balance wire (the black one) is not connected because that potential is taken from B- instead on this model. If there are extra B13 and up, do not connect them to anything

This looks much better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice to hear that my wiring scheme looks good. I think we can conclude that I learned something hahah. About the part you said it has no B0. When I look at the picture of the BMS. It says B- B1 B2 B3 etc. That B- means battery minus right or also know as B0 If i remember correctly? Here is a pic of the BMS they have on their site. image

So there is a B0 on the circuit board then. It just depends if the one you get actually has that pin on the connector or not.

Ah oke. So if I have that B-/B0. I need to connect the negative on it and when i donā€™t have it i just leave the negative unconnected and connect the rest like the scheme states.

I figured it out. Thanks.

1 Like

Short ride with my boardā€¦ came directly into the temperatur cut off zone. Is that a common problem on a single drive board with 30A/50A configuration? Run a stock FocBox without and addiation cooling in my HAYA boardā€¦ not foam around the Focbox.

thx guys

Hello I gonna use this motor extension cable on my FOCBOX unity so if I use 5 of those and I run my FOCBOX unity on max voltage donā€™t give it any problems and can I plug those cables direct in the focbox unity?aliexpresshd

sorry if i ask a question to your question, but for what you need 1.5m long phase wires? And what is your max voltage?

I will place my ESC in the battery box in the middle of my board I use for my setup dual 6s 60c 8000mah lipo battery I run them in series dual 6374 170kv sensorless 2800w also I need to setup the focbox unity but I donā€™t know how an what settings I should use also I want to disable the reverse function should I go to an professional or can I do it by my self if I know the right settings sorry for my bad English

As long as you donā€™t have a mad surfer board like @Riako you donā€™t need 1.5m phase wire extensions. 60cm or two of this extension should be long enough. You can also easy solder your own extensions. Just get the 3.5mm bullet connectors and some 12awg wire.

To set up the unity is no big deal. I would read the official unity thread and the support thread. If you still have questions than just ask them over there. People will help with it for sure.

5 Likes

Guys am I being a bit dense or is there a maximum number of edits we can make to a post? Just cleaning up my FS thread and it wont do an edit

After a while threads no longer accept editing. Annoying but true

4 Likes

I will place my ESC in the battery box in the middle of my board I use for my setup dual 6s 60c 8000mah lipo battery I run them in series dual 6374 170kv sensorless 2800w also I need to setup the focbox unity but I donā€™t know how an what settings I should use also I want to disable the reverse function should I go to an professional or can I do it by my self if I know the right settings sorry for my bad English

I picked up a used TB motor a while ago and noticed there was some play in the can i could movie it back and forth slightly. Is that bad?

There seems to be a gap in it ?

Loose set/grub screw

or the washers on the circle clip are missing. as there is a bit a production tollerance all my motors have some slim washers between the motor body and the circle clip on the shaft. if this washers missing the bell can move a bit. @yelnats8j

2 Likes

theres always the fact that some dickhead might have taken it apart and not reassembled it correctly yes. This is always a fact of life when dealing with second hand stuff unfortunately. To be sure you will now need to strip down both the good and the bad to ascertain the issue. Nice. Try tightening up the set screws first though just in case.

1 Like