Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Can some1 tell me the sense of life? The answer to everything? It’s not 42 btw…

1 Like

My first instinct is to say boobs, but haveing 2 degrees and over 30 certifications (thanks Pop) I feel like I should state something more profound like ‘Live and be happy, regardless of your circumstances’ or ‘Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts’…nah, I’m going with boobs :grinning:

3 Likes

hey guys.

I had an enertion 6355 2400 W sensorless 190 kv motor that I just replaced by a 6374 3500 W 190 kv motor from eskating.eu and it’s great since I have more torque on my single drive but with the enertion motor I had a top speed of 40 to 43 kmh and now even if the motor is bigger and more powerfull my MAXIMUM top speed is around 35 km h . Btw both motor were in FOC with the same settings at 60 A.

If ssomeone could help it would be great

Hey, I’m going to wire a 9S setup to a 10S BMS (this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/36V-37V-42V-10S-60A-Lithium-ion-Li-ion-Li-Po-LiPo-Polymer-Battery-BMS-PCB-System/221769582503?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649) and the question is that, should I get a power brick for a 9S battery setup(like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intelligent-Smart-37-8V-2A-Charger-for-9S-32-4V-33-3V-Li-ion-Li-Po-Battery-EU/221896623314?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649), or for a 10S battery setup?

quick question for you all, was riding the board the other day, going about 1/2 speed on a side walk and i felt the board slowly power down, and turn off… screen is unresponsive on the voltage readout. wondering if my BMS died? fuse is still good. thoughts?

Hi. I am using 2 6S LiPo’s for my esk8 that are left over from my RC Heli flying days and am testing my first board and learning how to program the VESC’s. I have them wired in parallel at the moment so I have set my Max Input Voltage to (6 * 4.2) 25.2V, so I am running at 6S as my first test. This is under powered, but I don’t want to run at 12S yet and want to try different voltages to find the sweet spot for me. If I wire my packs in series, I theoretically get 12S and max voltage of (12 * 42) 50.4V. BUT, can I limit the voltage and test different “packs” simply by setting the Max Input Voltage to a lower value? ie set it to (10 * 4.2) 42V to simulate a 10S pack? Is this safe / anything to worry about? Cheers.

I don’t know about simulating a 10s pack but I have lowered the maxes to make my board less powerful. It was way too jumpy. (penny nickel) was also a 12s setup.

I’d really like to know how to put a 40T pulley on a 55mm wheel?

I think this question is suited directly for @GrecoMan

lol

only 7458t pulley will fit on 55mm wheel

Ah you’re right, I can see how that would fit.

2 Likes

perfect. glad you understand.

1 Like

Does anyone know where I buy

I just bought a handful or two of these from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4BAW6R/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

they work really well a bit upset I didn’t use them earlier… only problem I see with them is need a pretty deep hole to sink them in so you might end up with a hole through your board anyway (can still cover with grip tape). I’m using them for my electronics box but should work for whatever. Also should mention I cracked a few of these tightening them into the holes so just something to beware of, don’t over tighten and or make your holes big enough.

1 Like

Thanks so much

I have a couple Qs from another thread, but Im hoping for a quicker response here so i can finish some of this work before the 'ol ball and chain gets home lol…

so i have an idea for a swappable eboard/ebike battery (although i probably should have a nice bike battery that mounts to the frame, for now itll be behind me in some sort of container)

1)So for the 8p battery I take the 4 male connectors… have 4 wires connect as 1 at the female, pos one side neg the other… does this work ok?

for the bike ill use 4 batteries (8p) … for the board Ill use 3 (6p) so wire gauge… Im sure the easy answer is the thicker the better, but I have 16ga on hand, and some 14ga some where… will the 16 be fine??

2)do all the packs connected have to be the same brand? so if i used 2 ebay packs (lg) and the meepo pack (samsung) any issues?

now perhaps for a stupid newbie question, but i wanted to check voltage on the packs and multi meter isnt giving me 36-42 but a higher number… am i on the wrong setting or something?

Where can I get a fuse holder like this ?

Try your local hw store. Or where they sell spareparts for cars

1 Like

Hey everyone. I have two and a half noob questions.

I have a FOCBOX and a VESCX. Is there a premade cable I can purchase to connect them, and if so what is it called?

I have two 190kv motors. (2nd hand enertion and a new Torque Board) TB is sensored, enertion not. Is it a good idea to run one sensored and one not? and if yes what is the plug I should get to go into the FOC (or vescx) I can see the TB has JST-ZH 6pin 1.5mm pitch from their website. No idea what a FOC requires for input though. But I can see its not that. Please and thanks.

Canbus cable I think to connect it. TB sells one premade. I’m sure there are others. Sensored motor cable

I would run both motors with the same settings.

My iMax b6 lipo charger allows 11 to 18v. However i do not have a power supply yet. Is it voltage, amperage, or both that matters when it comes to charging speed