Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Yep. Don’t forget to protect your deck/ truck so the clamp doesn’t make a mess.

2 Likes

Yap, looks good. I use this image

Has some plastic protection too.

3 Likes

God bless these local Chinese shops Done and dusted in 3 minutes :rofl: image

4 Likes

Now life is getting easier :ok_hand::+1: By the way, I did the girlfriend technique also the first times. Worked well for yellow dampas… As soon as I changed to blue it didn’t work out. I tried to feed her to gain some weight, but she didn’t wanted to continue with this treatment :tipping_hand_man::joy:

4 Likes

I tried feeding my girlfriend but I spent all the food money on trampa shit :rofl::joy::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

What would be a good starting ratio for gummies, with 170kv motors at 12s? Something like ~3.5-3.7 ?

depends what speed you want. Have you played around here?

http://calc.esk8.it/

sure I did, I usually set around 50kmh, but while not having any experience with particular setup, I don’t know what kind of torque to expect, and I’m leaning more to a board that is torqy, not fast.

How much do you weigh? 12s geared for 50kmph should be a lot of torque

1 Like

Not much, 70kg

Oh you will be fine man. Gear it for 50. You will have plenty of torque at 70 kilos

1 Like

On VESC 4.12 settings after doing set up wizard for motors and remote I needed to go back in and change remote to ppm and utar as well as restricting the max erpm to 60000 no avoid damaging the VESC

Is there any thing else is I should have done?

If you use a bt modul you need probably also change the baudrate, but that depends on your module.

2 Likes

Currently it’s a Metr Pro Can Baud Rate at 500k Can Status Rate 200 Are thay ok?

So manny settings I have no idea what thay do.

Thanks

You don’t need to change anything there. It’s for CAN connection, not Bluetooth. If you connected to your metr modul than all is good and you don’t need to change anything

1 Like

Wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. By far the most difficult thing I had to do in eskating. Good news is loctite 648 is fucking legit

2 Likes

Didn’t you heat up the pulley?

2 Likes

The heat only got half the pulley off. the second half just would not come off :frowning:

I had to then dremel the pulley to make it weaker, and use a pulley puller. Took me 2 hours of banging my head against the wall. lol

1 Like

You probably didn’t heat it long enough because heat should have melted the loctite. Did you loctite your pulley onto your motor shaft or just the set screw?

Loctite the pulley to the shaft man. I heated it as long as I could and the first half came off smoothly. Something happened in the second half of the pulley. Next time, I will try even longer but I was worried that the heat will go through the motor shaft to the motor if I kept heating it. hmm