Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

hello, please dont moan, i know you get alot of thease. basicailly i built this nice new deck oput of carbin fiber and you can seee my normal wood boards on instagram besokebrisley but sadly im haveing trouble with my eltric board, im useing sk3 6374 192kv with a 12s2p battery pack from old laptop battterys i brought an tesdted pack from ebay , i made my own holders wich use mecano to instd of niclke strips solderless, and a generic vesc , for some reason it is super slow barley works ,iwant 30mph + many rhanks paul image

Please up the “motor min” to like 40A/50A/60A get some stronger brakes. Is your battery fully charged? Bad cells?

1 Like

thanks for the reply. i have short circted it a couple of times. i used my volt meter to make sure it was charged enoth, ill change the motor min thanks ! its been a real pain i diont think its right all just my 3d model, thank you for you time , they are used laptop batteris image

Picture dosent work

2 Likes

should now

Now it works. How many volts is your battery at and what cells did you use?

Used laptop cells won’t work. They can’t supply enough current, and you will kill them trying to pull that much from them. The only way those will work is if you make something like a 6S20P battery with them. That will work for an esk8.

At 2P deep, you need to set your “Battery Current Max” to like 5A which won’t get you anywhere. Otherwise your cells will sag so far they will die immediately.

There’s no way you’re getting 30mph+ from laptop cells. You might be able to get 20mph if you do it correctly and you have at least 100 of them, and they are all good.

2 Likes

it was at 42v all the cells are random there is a couple of lg sanyo and many others

Without having that much knowledge about cells, I think @b264. I’m also pretty sure it’s a bad idea to use different cells.

1 Like

thanks for the reply lets say i reduced it to 5 amps will i get speed .i just want to maKE sure vesc is working to

thanks for the help. all thsi will go towards my course work as well if you dont midn me screen shooting this

​

Go ahead and screenshot whatever you want :+1: But I think it would be better screenshotting @b264’s post.

1 Like

ok thankyou, aslo if i used 12s1p of the samsung 30q will that get 30mph

12s2p-???p should give you 30 mph (not that that long though). Think 12s1p would give you too little amps. If you want to get more range then put more cells in parallel. You can use this site to find top speed, range etc. https://calc.3dservisas.eu/

1 Like

12s1p is nothing for a battery you should atleast be doing a 12s3 or 4p atleast so your battery doesn’t die less then a mile at 30mph

2 Likes

Sorry but you are doing everything wrong somebody can… Please do a lot more research and then rebuild your whole board using the gained knowledge… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1548018003070204971158915480180689631069074224 so looking at your comments , from around whould I be better off going with like 6s 4p or 10s2p or stay with 12s2p , IM a bit tight for money sadly but thanks so much for the help

@paulbriz I don’t think 6s will give you 30mph. 10s might do.

1 Like

The problem with laptop cells is you need the “P” as high as fucking possible or it’s not really going to work.

So 6S20P might get you there but it’s 120 cells. If you went to 10S20P now you’re talking about 200 cells.

See the problem?

And if the cells are all random and not matched, it’s even worse.

1 Like