Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

And they come in a variety of kv so you can get one for pretty much any build

Seems like a great choice, just have to doublecheck with the designer of the motormount if it will fit

Which KV should I choose for double setup with 12S pack, 8 inch wheel with 72t and 15t pulleys on the motor?

Thanks guys!

2 Likes

Depents on your max speed you want to reach. You can calculate that by your own https://calc.3dservisas.eu/?Pc8xD8IgEAXg_8JsDBRo1RVNpxoSE7srQ00kJelo_O-997Bu3z2O4_ioR5jUSb1fZVY7Ka5S2H0nXsJNbCwZhY4KaNBaszijMr4aPU3NOdMIC2a0ADp9vVci0oaKmzjKehJhS_4HPSeeUxfRQZN3XHdwDr9JmWt3zOIMOxI_qO_nwBjNaVy4NeLUD9tvUj9iBSye8NpRq-8K

And the @idea motor mounts are a good choice :wink:

2 Likes

the 149 kv would be a good fit but like @Andy87 said depends on your speed you want to reach

Thanks for the calculator!! Before I had to manually calcualte all :open_mouth: Is the ā€œmin speedā€ value in the calc the speed at lowest battery voltage? Iā€™m aiming for 50kmh top speed but also not too much lower even when 12S battery is low. 4400W from the 192kv version is quite tempting xD

Is there any difference between V-belts Guys and V-belts Supply Where do you guys recommend?

1 Like

Hey man, I live in hb and have an electric skateboard ā€¦itā€™s brand new. Iā€™ve had it for a couple of monthsā€¦I just couldnā€™t get it to charge or turn on. Haha I was wondering if you know anybody who can help me out. Thank you

Nope, same belts. I usually use v belt guys as they send me coupons.

2 Likes

There also a hell of a lot cheaper

Are these wires fine to use?

2019-01-08%20(6)

Of courseā€¦ what do u want to do with them?

1 Like

If itā€™s for doing anti spark or battery leads I would do 10 gauge or 12 gauge.

1 Like

If itā€™s anything thatā€™s going to be on a board - the answer should be no. You donā€™t want solid core wire on anything with as many vibrations as an esk8.

1 Like

In general try to use a high temp resistant, high thread count wire. Standard wire will have 30-40 strands inside, the high quality will have close to 1000 strands. Smaller gauges of wire like motor sensor wires donā€™t have many HQ options.

Curious if anyone has any tips on cable routing/cable protection? My wires arenā€™t very long and Iā€™ve already drilled the holes for the Vesc enclosure on the board.

image image image image

1 Like

Donā€™t run the cables over the truck, run them underneath to get more slack. Like this 20190104_144225

5 Likes

@Bjork3n

Whatā€™s this here? Also, I dig the cable loops youā€™ve got on there to keep them out of the way!

1 Like

Thatā€™s a plastic cover to keep the cables close to the deck and prevent them from touching the motor :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you have it attached?

Its attached with wood screws. 15470527428165576566182306252144

6 Likes