Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Man this last week has token its toll on me. Had flu (lost 20lb ), soon as i got well enough to leave bed baby and momma got it. Been taking care of them and the house the past 5 days with one arm. I think ive slept maybe 6 hours over 5 days. I wanna die lol. Ive been off my game. Trolling isnā€™t easy.

6 Likes

I need flu

x4

5 Likes

Lol. Yeah except now im hungry every hour because my stomach only holds 4oz of food at a time. My wife is under 100lb all the suddenā€¦ Sheā€™s had it a few days longer than i did. Still does. At least baby got better quickly.

4 Likes

@Skunk @dareno Thanks guys !

2 Likes

you are most welcome my friend. Weā€™re here all week.

Iā€™m a huge brick, I accidentally short circuited my battery (opened case, charging cable went were the screw goes, screwed in and connection was made between + and - poles). I cut the wires, can I solder back and all should be working ? Canā€™t believe I didnā€™t double check, it scared the shit outta me (sparkles everywhere)

You should always heat shrink any soldered wires or connectors to prevent this from happening. It is possible it is ok but possible it isnt. When stuff sparks it usually doesnt go well. What pos and neg poles where connected?

I have something currently been hacking a lung and mucus all day and night. Woke up yesterday with very little of a voice and my wife said I love the sound of silence :expressionless:. Did you guys get your flu shot? Glad you and the baby feel better. Make your girl some chicken noodle soup and some jello.

1 Like

I wasnā€™t clear enough. I used a drill to screw back the enclosure but the charging cables (black & red) were in the way of the screw. The drill went through both wire at the same time creating a connection through the screw itselfā€¦ The cable was heatshrinked. Iā€™m a big doodoo :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ok gotcha. Was the board on?

No. I was checking if everything was dry after my slightly last wet drive

ffs I didnt even think of the flu as an option for my sickness :man_facepalming:

It started as a cold, got better for a day, moved to my throat, went away for 2 days, then came back 2x (finally gone nowā€¦ a three week ordeal in total )

Maybe I should start getting my flu shot :anguished:

1 Like

I have gotten it for years now every year. I say fuck the old people us young people need it so we can work to pay for there asses.

1 Like

I dunno about fuck the oldies, we can still learn from them :rofl:

Could someone look over my materials list below and tell me if these parts are a solid choice for my budget board? Thanks a ton.

Turnigy uncensored 6374 192KV motor

Remote and Receiver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073GX83NH?tag=mike0939-20

Flipsky FSVESC 4.12

Motor mount

Gears and pulley system

Not bad at all. Maybe look for a focbox or 2 instead of flipsky based off of some user experiences here. They might still have some from enertion if youā€™re lucky. They pop up often for sale here too.

1 Like

Thanks! So I would love a focbox but I am not sure if it is worth the additional ~$40ish. Just trying to keep the budget tight. What do you think?

I canā€™t personally speak to the flipsky but from all of my time here, in my opinion, itā€™s like buying a Toyota vs a Hyundai. Lots of people still buy flipsky though!

1 Like

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the most legal way to transfer a 25 lb Electric Skateboard with a 12s4p battery (over 500Wh) throughout the United States?

According to my research, UPS page 9 (figure 8) says it might require some ā€œUPS Dangerous Goods contractā€, but it is a bit confusing. I technically have a battery bigger than 300Wh (total), but technically the cells (each individual 18650 30Q cell) is less than 60Wh.

Ehemā€¦ Asking for a friendā€¦

Thanks!

EDIT: Additional research has lead to: https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52apxc_032.htm which indicates 8 cells or less. So sounds like USPS is out of the options.

How do battery builders typically handle something like this? Or battery resellers? Surely not everyone is certified to transfer these types of chemicalsā€¦ (right?)

1 Like

Tell ā€œyour friendā€ that I think that you could prepackage in an airtight, fire resistance material and put it in a box and take a small chance shipping it normally

1 Like