Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

You would connect the xt60 to a loop key loop and then plug in the vesc

1 Like

So would the BMS be inside of the battery’s blue shrink wrap?

It could be or just shrink wrapped individually

1 Like

If it is NOT in there which wires would connect to the bms?

@Andy87 @J0ker3366

After leaving my battery for the night with only the BMS connected my current voltages are now.

B1: 4.15V B2-B10: 4.19V

That seems a bit strange.

I found another guy on the forum with almost the same issue. Only difference was that his B1 was higher voltage than the rest. I think the problem for him was his cheap eBay BMS.

I’m using a Bestech D140 so it seems a bit weird that the BMS is the issue.

Any suggestions?

They are smaller wires generally white that would plug into the bms.

Just ride it and monitor the cells from time to time. If the drift is getting too big replace the pack which you think is faulty.

1 Like

quick question: For battery max config settings in vesc, it should be the max amps for continuous current right, not burst? It’s because previously I think I set my battery max to 45A when the battery could only deliver 20A continuous.

If your battery can only 20a constant than your bat max should be also only 20a

1 Like

Good idea. Worst thing that can happen is that the whole pack gets completely fucked and I have to build a new one. Then I can make an even better battery than this.

someone has a cheap and tested BMS from aliexpress/ebay? (only for charging) for 8S Lipo (33.6V)

if my motors are rated 80A, can i set the motor max and motor min to 60A and -60A?

Yes, without problems.

Cue briman comment

1 Like

Yes, without problems.

1 Like

Hey, can I use different bearings on some of the wheels on my board ? I’ve tested my brand new Super Red ones. One of them is basically dead, not rolling at all and having a big resistance even after cleaning oiling, WD40’ing Other seem to have different degree of roll. Having noticed that I was wondering if, instead of purchasing a complete new set I could use some spare bearings that I own to use instead of the defective one and if so, do I need a complete wheel with the same bearings or can I use 2 different bearings on the same wheel ?

I’ve been longboarding as a hobby and mode of transportation for 7 years now but I’ve never dug deep into the inner workings of this ^^

Don’t use wd40. It drys them out. Get some all in one oil or speed cream.

3 Likes

You can use any bearing to be honest. You don’t have to match them. They will just wear differently but they tend to do that anyway because they are all subject to differing levels of torment. Never ever use wd40 unless you are going to re-pack them with grease afterwards

@Skunk snap

2 Likes

I can more than just troll. I can be helpful too

3 Likes

Helpful skunk is not as much fun though

5 Likes