Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

No. They are still the same. Before hitting around 4.15-4.2V everything was good.

I just tried to discharge my battery a bit and I plugged in the old charger. It already shows green, but I will let it sit for some time.

Most of the packs are now at 4.21V again and B1 is still at 4.17V. Might actually make a difference if the charger is still turned on when balancing

My old charger outputs 42.4-5 volts with no load and my new one outputs 42V with no load. Could that have caused the problem?

Your bms just balance when reached 4.2v. What could be, that with your fast charger the bms has less time to balance before the brick Charger switches off. If you let your cells sit for a while they should go down in voltage anyhow. Let the charger connected after it turns green. If itā€™s green it means that the current from your brick charger is zero. So no need to worry about that.

1 Like

Iā€™ll try to do that! Thatā€™s also what I had in mind, but it seems like itā€™s taking wayyyy to long without anything happening.

I hope that is the problem because I really donā€™t want to build a whole new batttery pack or take it apart after 2nd chargeā€¦

edit: So I just checked all my groups again and now all of them are at 4.2V unless B1. B1 is now at 4.15V :joy: I seriously donā€™t know whats happening but I think it might actually be balancing now.

Balance current 84mA ā€¦ that takes itā€™s time

2 Likes

I dont have access to the lounge, so image

1 Like

Okay so after a long time B1 is now at 4.17V again. Most of the other groups are at 4.22V and a few at 4.21V.

It seems like you are right about that it just needs time to balance, but weā€™ll see. I unfortunatly donā€™t have anymore time to keep the charger on, so I will have to turn it off and plug it back in tomorrow.

Just a quick question. Is there any possibly cheaper option for this? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been waiting to hear back on a quote from my aluminum milling guy but itā€™s Chinese new year time so thereā€™s been delay

1 Like

Please keep us updated. I think @okp sold them in the past but Iā€™m not 100% sure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah, I did produce them way back in the past. There was even some group buy but we didnā€™t make the actual quantity to have them cheap and I donā€™t have enough money to stock them at home.

keep in mind that these are milled out of solid block of aluminium, so you wonā€™t be able to reduce the cost to something cheaper.

1 Like

I am looking to build my very first eboard (I own a few production boards but I want to build my own). Before I even get to talking about the specs I want, where do you suggest buying parts? Can one ESC be paired with 4 motors? How do you know if your parts are compatible? How would you set up an outrunner motor system? (all of my boards have been hub systems and I personally prefer belt drive). What kind of remote do you recommend? I am honestly completely new to the world of building these and would love any help you offer.

Welcome to the forum my friend. The amount of information you are requesting here is far too much for anyone to answer and you would have little to no understanding of it to be honest at this time. You need to read and read and then read some more.

Start with this and then go through some of the build threads. Get familiar with what you want to build first then put something together in a thread once you have done your research.

Good luck.

4 Likes

What kind of charger do you have

Lots of sellers on this site. Read around and see which direction you want to go

No. Best you can do currently is 2 motors with one controller. Read up on esc vs vesc. You want a vesc based controller.

You do research to make sure parts are compatible. Not all things are plug and play. Thatā€™s half the fun.

Look at @Ideaā€™s motor mount systems. They are complete kits and list compatibility with different trucks.

Lots of good remotes out there (Nano x, hoyt Puck, feather, etc) do some research. They all come with receivers you can attach to your controller.

Please do lots of research. There is so much knowledge here it can be overwhelming but that search bar is a godsend.

For 10s2p split ppm vesc configuration with 2 190kv motors, what would be the motor current max, motor current max brake, battery current max and battery current max regen, voltage limits for battery cutoff start, battery cutoff end?

That all depends on your battery and on the esc you use.

i have hooked my may tech vesc up to a 10s2p battery with a 6374 motor. whenever i ride my mountain board the board will work fine for 10ish seconds then my vesc cuts power for a few seconds and flashes red 3-4 times. help

If you donā€™t have a Bluetooth module than reproduce the fault, donā€™t switch of the battery, connect to the vesc tool and read out the faults.