Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

What is the sensor cable that is coming out of the motor used for?

It is used for a sensored setup on the vesc/esc/bldc tool. Allows you to start going without a push start

does it affect performance?

i don’t need a push start to get going on my set up and it is not sensored. Am i suppose to push to start?

You will have an effect called cogging. Its a shuddering on start up. The esc does not know the position of the motor. Thats what hall sensors do. Once the motor is moving it stops. It is very slight and the tiniest movement will smooth it out. As much as a hip flick to move. Where it becomes problematic is on hills but a quick push and you’re good. Going balls out from a start stops it too.

1 Like

Thank you for that explanation! I think that explains why sometimes I hear a bunch of clicks upon acceleration.

What are you riding?

Hi !

Just figured out that my belt drive was making a lot of noise and I don’t really know if it is actually normal, here is what it sound like :

Belt seems to be working well though, and the noise is less intense when there is some weigh on the board. Any idea ?

Hey dareno, riding a loaded vanguard with single 6355 motor from torque boards,16t/36t setup, torque board vesc and a 10s2p lithium ion battery.

Loving it so far!!! Just hit max speed of 25mph several days ago.

1 Like

Hey all… I want to add a connector to my charge port wiring to make it easier when removing my enclosure.

What’s a good option? I have XT60s and two pin JST connectors on hand. However I’d rather something less bulky than an XT60 and I fear the two pin JST will melt and short the battery.

Battery is 10s3p Samsung 30Q

Nice set up!
That clicking, does it happen when you brake too? If so just check the tension on the belt. Could be slipping a bit.

Same as this? Works fine for a charge connector.

2 Likes

dumb question, but it would certainly save me alot of headache.

When you do motor detection, and save it, can I then transfer those values to another vesc by just opening the XML file(or does that only handle the other values)?

I managed to leave my focboxes at school… and im at home for a month :cry: :sob:

For the most part yes assuming all iother factors are the same, but it would be better to do the detection again.

3 Likes

the only reason I ask is that I wanted to send @Kug3lis some TB 6374s to install on a 1:3 mini gear drive, but I dont have any means of getting the values for the motors ;-;

I havnt purchased the motors yet either, which is the real kicker :rofl: :cry:

fml i wanted to run foc too -_-

Yeah, I’d prolly just wait until you have everything and do detections. You can get some harry stuff going in FOC without accurate settings.

1 Like

damn >-<

thanks

e: might just get new escs :thinking:

1 Like

Is it bad that a first build was taken out for its first test ride and went dead nuts 40mph+?

Asking for a friend.

1 Like

Hey dareno, that could be the issue. When I first finished my project I had a problem with the mounts loosening up. But I think I got that issue resolved since I haven’t had an issue after I played around with it. Since then I guess I haven’t heard it anymore.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the connectors used on the flipsky 4.12 are standard jst 2.54mm connectors or something else? Dont want to wait months for the wrong crimping set :smile:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Really?