No Longer Just Gauging Interest: Maytech 100A ESC Group Buy

Direct FET or regular flavour @longhairedboy

I can buy some for EU peeps :innocent:

2 Likes

I created a thread about this ESC some months ago.

Elieen from Maytech told me it was a 2-PCB design. So all FETs are on top and can be cooled down with a propper heatsink. Im not sure if with 2 PCBs and a heatsink topping a 18mm thikness they are actually using DirectFETs.

Maytech does actually produce a kinda good quality, so I expect these to work fine, even on FOC.

2 Likes

Did you by chance get your hands on one? I’m expecting decent built quality, and i’m pretty positive about it being a decent general purpose ESC for casual riding. Like you said, they seem to produce a decent product most of the time.

No, by that time they told me that it still was a Prototype for them.

I still ride my 4.12 Maytech vescs on FOC, so these should be fine.

I’ve actually heard some decent reports on those.

I like the thing about more and more options available, but with that price tag, rather I prefer v**c6 coming from @stewii, ESCape is builded in UK, also supporting a skater that makes good ESC is a lot nicer to have it inside my esk8.

1 Like

It’s not built in the UK anymore

Then aside that is not builded in UK anymore, I still thinking 4.xx as a old design, improved and overclocked in this case. Someone know if anyone blowed hw6.4? I think not. But probably by the numbers focbox is pretty reliable but still sometimes I see drv’s problems

People have but the failure rate is so low (and probably user error)

1 Like

What @lrdesigns said. Is that a built in anti-spark?

Yes. It has a built in switch, its pretty clearly targeted at very basic BMS-less lipo builds or switchless BMS builds.

2 Likes

Maybe this is yesterday’s news, but flipsky released their “esc v6” based on vesc 6 May 20th.

2 Likes

LHB have you gotten a chance to test this VESC yet? Also what are your thoughts on the new info regarding the new Flipsky VESC 6? They seem to have released new info, I’m curious what your opinion is on this item? As they’re offering them at $124 including aluminum waterproof case, if we can arrange a GB of 20 units, I’m very interested in how these may perform…

The dimensions of the case I find really unusual, since the vesc itself looks smaller then the current models, yet it’s case is much larger at like 100mm x 90mm or something like that… The current cases are like 70mm x 77mm if I’m not mistaken, and a dual is like 140mm x 77mm. Still, I think it’s worth investigating…

Where did you find the price of $124?

They probably talked over pm

1 Like

179,90 Diferencia 124 and 0,8 * 179,90 Diferencia 124 :grin:

2 Likes

Lol, no guys it’s this new thing I do where I throw out random prices and hope the companies forget if they agreed to it or not… Or, I had a PM with them, and posted about it a couple times :wink: probably the latter of the two…

2 Likes