New version 2.1 - iOS eSkate VESC app for standard and ackmaniac FW

Tnx for the help.

My baudrate is at 9600 on the slave.

I’ll be looking for a better bluetooth module. Tnx a bunch!

You’re welcome. 9600 on the master too ?

ohhhhhhh,

no, thats on 115200 because that’s what the Photon receiver needs, lemme check if I can get it to work on 9600 though

Edit: Ok so setting the baudrate on my master to 9600 puts my photon receiver out of work. But at 9600 baudrate on master and slave the app still won’t let me write settings.

A new bluetooth remote is on the way though.

You still won’t be able to program tho even with a new bt module since the baud rate is wrong

You need to setup 9600 bauds in VESC Setup AND in your BT Module. If your BT Module speak at 115200 and your VESC at 9600, this is not going to work.

Oof, that definitely sounds like a solution. I’m not equipped with arduino though and don’t intend to.

If you had a donate button I would use it. Your problem solving is relentless!

Thank you for your comment. Yes there is a donation link Thanks for that.

1 Like

Does it work with the new focbox unity???

Is it possible to have a pass through on this app to make it possible to connect to the board from VESC tool on a pc like it is with the ackmaniac app for Android?

I don’t have a fox box unity to try, but if it’s based on VESC firmware, it should work.

Hi, I didn’t know about this improvement on the ackmaniac android app. But yes, it’s a good feature to add. I add this to my todo list.

1 Like

@carl.1 @onloop can you please push on your github the latest firmware source ? I have 23.40 and 23.41, but some users are having 23.42. I’ve added support to your board #raptor2 and #raptor21 with #focbox-unity #unity compatibility . Thanks

1 Like

Is this using the onboard bt module or an external bt?

the onboard module. If you have trouble with that, let me know and use the “send debug log” function.

1 Like

I’m running ackmaniac firmware version 3.103 and the app is reporting “Unsupported Version”?

Oh, that’s a new version. I’ll make it compatible this week-end

1 Like

It’s fixed

1 Like

Just found this App. Works very well, thanks! Will there be configuration profiles in the future?

Yes, I’ve done a feature request on the VESC projet: https://vesc-project.com/node/207 . If somebody want to work on that, I’ll be happy to add this feature.

1 Like

Cool! But why does it depend on the VESC? With Ackmaniacs Android App you can aready create different ride modes.