New version 2.1 - iOS eSkate VESC app for standard and ackmaniac FW

Because Ackmaniac is not only a mobile app, he has also done a lot of modification on the VESC firmware to handle the profiles.

And I want to keep the app compatible with both firmware.

2 Likes

Is this app only looking at battery voltage for state of charge or is it doing any sort of coulomb counting as well?

Hi, The battery % is based on the voltage.

1 Like

Hello Emmanuel, first of all, thank you for a great ios vesc app.

I am running ios 12 and every time I want to connect my BL-10 module to the app, I need to delete and reinstall the app. The problem is not in my hardware since I can do serial communication but somehow without deleting the app every time, I can not get a re-connection. After the re-installation, everything works just fine.

Help appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi @byalcin , very strange behavior and never earded something similar with this app. If you still have the problem, you can send me the debug log when the problem occurs. thanks

Hi @byalcin, no problem anymore?

I still have my problem with the wrong speed calculation in the overview :sob:

@emmaanuel, unfortunately I still have the problem. On top of that I am not able to send the debug log and the bluetooth dongle list is glitchy as well. I am always running the recent public betas of iOS so that could be the problem if you are not getting similar responses from other users. Other similar bluetooth serial apps works just fine btw.

Hope to be helpful, thanks…

Hi andy, We have been looking your problem. In the data recorded by the app there is a peak value in the middle of your data. This data is received from your vesc. Maybe some hole on the road , or a little sliding. The value shown in the website is accurate. You can find the peak using zoom functionality. I can’t do more because it’s not a bug in the app or In the website.

1 Like

That’s ok. Just for me it’s strange as the app shows as well max and min values. The values in the app are correct and not totally over the top. I just don’t get why there different max values in the app and in the online form. :tipping_hand_man:

Furthermore I can’t reach 75km/h even if I would spin up my wheels on the bench without load. If it is some kind of signal problem I could understand that, but a free spin of wheels is definitely not the reason.

Yes maybe some interference in your Vesc. the app is getting sample of the vesc data for the mobile interface . But in the file I save more “values”. This explains why you peak is only visible in the file data.

Just added support of the latest VESC FW versions (3.48 to 3.54). Enjoy.

@emmaanuel hello!

I still have some things in your app I don´t fully get.

On the website your motor min is listed twice and should be motor max for the first position.

The app say me I was driving 3,7km the website tells me 6km. From where is this difference?

The website also says 64Wh drawn and average used Wh are 26Wh/km

How that get along with any of the riding distance measurements? 3.9km as well as 6km will fit to it.

1 Like

eRPM Max is the reverse value. There is no way for me to update the forward value? These numbers don’t seem right. Latest vesc firmware and version of eskate, Cheers.

PNG

@emmaanuel looks like the website is down. it´s not reachable anymore.

Look like a bug . Can you send me your logs ?

Hi Andy. There is two different data. One measured by your wheel (your vesc) and another mesures by your gps mobile. Both are normally similar, but they can be different. Be sure you are comparing same data .

64Wh drawn

26Wh/km

64/26 is 2.4km driven. So either gps nor vesc data about the range are correct. How you than come to the average Wh value. I just want to understand the logic in there.

@emmaanuel any way the website will go online again? the link in your mails does not work anymore to read out the live data. That´s now as min 14 weeks like that.

@emmaanuel I’m on version 3.57 getting a version is not supported error message