New version 2.1 - iOS eSkate VESC app for standard and ackmaniac FW

@emmaanuel any updates on the km/h - mph conversation problem on the website? It still show the wrong speed.

@Andy87 it’s holiday ! I’ll have some time to find a workaround for the VDLA unit bug. At this moment VDLA website is down :frowning: @DeathCookies are you aware of this problem ?

Next time please Note down from when to when the site is down. For me it was online right now. No problems.

yes it’s up now. @Andy87 I think I can’t fix the bug, because it’s a bug on the VDLA website (owned by @DeathCookies). The unit switch is not working fine:

• The unit tag in the csv file is not interpreted fine in the statistic section
  • the graph is not update anymore when you change unit.

So if a try to change the data in the csv file, the statistic part will be fine but the graph will be wrong. And actually, the graph is fine but the statistic part is wrong.

@DeathCookies do you think you can have a look at this problem ? If you don’t I can help you on this part.

Thank you.

1 Like

Just let me know what you need from me

After deeper analysis, I’ve corrected the previous message :wink:

1 Like

I just tested the app right now and cannot understand your point only one part of it.

Visit VDLA, insert metric csv file, everything looks okay. clicking on the toggle button to enable imperial the statistics get converted correctly. The graph will show the correct values while hovering over it. The only problem i saw you mentioned is that the graph is partly wrong. The value scale is not updated properly and show wrong numbers.

Did i miss any other bug?

Look at this file: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/942b53947f6cfc9aff74bef6d25b526920181222205847/6661f8efc0ab4dd00bf548e53f47349020181222205847/87ef6e

Has you can see there it’s in Km/h (Speed_Unit=0). When you open it, the speed graph is fine with a max of 33 km/h but in the statistic I see 53 km/h. If a change to imperial in VDLA, I have in the graph 22mph and in statistic 33mph.

Is there something I didn’t understand ?

1 Like

Somehow there is something we dont understand…

First there is a problem with the labeling of the graph! image The scale does not match the graph and statistics value. I will edit it when i have some time.

But the true error is unkown… Here is the example csv. I compared it with your csv. In both cases there is (Speed_Unit=0). In your case it will calculate it wrong and in my case it will do the correct stuff. weird… i really dont know why this happens… It doesnt even make sense…

EDIT: @emmaanuel Somehow the values are odd… your stats says max speed = 53,7kmh. when i look through the graph the max speed value is 35,7. Where does it get the 53,7 from. assuming 35,7 is in mph then it would be 57,45kmh. seems odd to be that off

I’ve got it. In the file I can see a line with 53.6955. It’s at line: 29_09_2018_13_19_59.079 This value look strange, but has I record more points than the graphics show, maybe this value is removed downscaling. When you use the zoom function, the good value is displayed.

Thats the only issue right now isnt it?

yes. thank you.

1 Like

I have a problem and hope someone can help.

My boards works fine and doesn’t have any problem. The iOS eSkate app also reads all settings fine (speed, voltage, current settings). But whenever I try to Upload VESC settings it says ‘Failed to save’.

Maybe 1 out of 10 times it will succesfully write my new settings but when checking with the ESC tool on the PC it only changed my VESC settings on my slave focbox. The bluetooth module is connected trough the uart port on my slave because I have the photon remote connected through uart on my master.

When using can forward to ID: 0 (master focbox) The problem is the same, uploading only works 1 out of 10 times and only updates the master in this case.

Only updating 1 of 2 motors could be expected behavior. But it only working 1 outta 10 times seems weird.

On the VESC monitor android app updating any settings never works.

I’m on Ackmaniac firmware

Hi @jadatmag , this was an old bug in the VESC version (including Ackmaniac). Has been fix a year ago. Which firmware version are you using ?

the latest version of ackmaniac firmeware is 3.102.

I’m on 3.102 on both Vesc’s. Canbus writing works fine on the pc. I could’t find anyone on this forum who can read but not write. It’s weird :stuck_out_tongue:

Send me debug log after trying to write. I’ll have a look.

tnx man :smiley:

I think I send 2 independent error logs to you.

When reading through it it says: write: no read: yes

Hi, I have been looking your logs. Look like your BT module is not fast enough to send the configuration to your VESC. Can you try with another BT module ? They are cheap (2-3$). Are you at 9600 bauds ?

2 Likes

Just letting you know those cheap bt modules don’t always work with the app. I’ve not been able to get the app to connect with the module even after reflashing the Chinese module with geniune hm10 code.

Maybe just my module tho

1 Like

Reflashing this kind of module is not recommended, because there is a lot of different hardware version, and your are never sure the code your pushing is compatible with your hardware.

For all the users problems, I can say 99% of the connexion problems (that’s mean: reading infos from VESC to app) are solved with 3 checks:

• Be sure you have PPP + UART in your VESC setup
  • Be sure you have 9600 bauds setup in VESC Setup AND in your BT Module (this second point is not always the default setup on some module)
  • Be sure the wiring is fine

The unsolved 1% can be changing the module (I believe most of the time is a baudrate problem inside the BT module, but people doesn’t have the tool/knowledge to change it)

For updating configuration problem (writing infos from app to VESC), @jadatmagis is the first guy with problem with the updated VESC firmware from several month. And it’s look like the BT module is to slow sending the configuration. I have seen this kind of problem with cheap BT module with baudrate at high speed, and they don’t handle this very good.

1 Like