New version 2.1 - iOS eSkate VESC app for standard and ackmaniac FW

I have dual VESCs and I turned off the CAN forwarding, I have honestly tried lots of things, even redownloading the app. its still not responding past the screenshots I posted earlier.

Is there something I need to turn on in the VESC setup or something I am missing here?

What about the uart ppm setting in the vesc tool? Have you selected this one and written the setting?

Hi Denton, You have to setup your VESC to PPP+UART. did you check this point ?

I found it, I didn’t have the 9600 in the UART settings… It took me some digging but that got it.

THANK YOU!!!

1 Like

Yesterday i had my first ride with the app. I recorded the full trip and looked up the data after on the website linked in the mail. Can somebody explain why the max values in the app don’t fit to the max values shown on the website. For example max speed in the app 39kmh (sounds right). On the website 68,5kmh (sounds a bit much).

One more thing I find a bit confusing. In the app settings you define your pole pairs. But the app shows only right values if to enter the single pole number (in my case 14poles, 7 pole pairs, but functioning right only with settings 14) I think this should be changed from „pole pairs“ to just „poles“.

Hi! I don’t get any email even if my settings are proper. Any idea why?

Hi, The app use the iOS mail client. Be sure the default iOS mail app is properly setup.

1 Like

Hey man, I’m still having trouble getting your app to connect to my module. Any help would be appreciated I’ll post up my setting below

imageimageimage

Sorry for the bad quality

Does your app see the Bluetooth module? You can check it in the settings. I had the problem that the Bluetooth module was used by an other app and that´s why I couldn´t connect.

Yep it connects just fine, then gets stuck on the ‘getting version’ problem that a few others have had too

Hi pat, Yes, the answer it’s always the same. You have to check your bt module have the same baudrate than your vesc. In your setup we can see the vesc is using 9600. That means your bt module use another speed. The default baudrate vary from the different brand/model of bt module.

I can see two solution:

1. You connect with serial connection to your bt module using your computer , and you change the baudrate to 9600. Ask google for a tuto.
  2. You change the vesc serial speed to other default bt module speed (ex: 38400). Save to vesc and try again.

Let me know if this solve your problem.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try that tomorrow. It’s late here

Hi @emmaanuel - I just bought the app and after some digging I finally made it to discover my Bluetooth module but unfortunately I am getting : “UNSUPPORTED VERSION” - I have 3.39 Firmware.

Any chance for an update ?

Hi Naf, Yes of course. I’ll update with this new version next week.

I’ve added support to version 3.39 and 3.40 Enjoy

1 Like

How can I update the app for 3.40? The app store has no update and the version there is 2.2 (updated 8 months ago).

Thanks!!

Hello, Yes you can go to 3.40. The app update the new vesc version online, no need to update the app across the app store.

Hey bro. My wife got me to join the apple horde. I will be purchasing your app off the istore. Look forward to working with this, looks great!

1 Like

Fixed that for you :grin:

1 Like

Love the app, keep up the good work over there! Quick question… will your firmware I have on my VESC work with the firefly remote that people build on here? Having someone make me one and wasn’t sure it would be compatible and prefer your firmware and VESC tool over that remote. LMK when you can and thanks so much!