New version 2.1 - iOS eSkate VESC app for standard and ackmaniac FW

This is the only $4 well spent for my eboard, love it and thank you.

1 Like

I’m also now getting stuck on “Getting version”. The app worked fine for about a week prior. The board is a Raptor 2, haven’t tinkered with the VESC or BT module. Again, it was working fine, so I’m not suspecting a dud BT module or incorrect default settings. Anyone have any idea what could have changed?

Thanks, Brian

There was no change in the app, so no raison for your problem. can you check wiring between bt and vesc? Did you update your vesc this week ?

After ack 3.102 updated, There are some problems in this app. (Only me or everyone ?)

The speed, distance and Current consumption(?) in app are not match real data. also different from csv file data. In csv file, real time speed is correct, but At Statistics menu max speed, driven distance is abnormal.

Please help.

IMG_6731IMG_6729-crop

My board, 45km/h(vesc speed) 93.92km, are impossible.

Hi @Parkman. Strange because the app was not updated for the 3.102. I just enabled this version after checking interface was correct. So no reason to change the behavior. Can you send me the csv file ?

Thank you ! The problem has been solved. I deleted the app in my phone, and reinstalled the app and everything is back to normal.

1 Like

I am also getting the “Getting version” problem. Is that just an issue with the physical connection of the BT and the VESC?

Also a recommendation for someone to put up an FAQ for this?

I’m excited for this! Glad to support it!

@denton reading above it sounds like the cause of this was a bad bluetooth module.

Thanks. I read through the thread and must have started to glaze over.

I’ll try that out and let you know how it goes.

The connection appears to be intact and nope, no updating of anything. Enertion support thinks perhaps I somehow turned off the bluetooth functionality of the board via the app. Is that possible? They referenced a UART setting, but I don’t see anything in the app that seems like it could do that and I haven’t tried uploading anything to the board. I’ve only used the app to monitor mileage and battery state of charge.

Don’t worry, this app does not modify this kind of settings. Are you using an official Enertion BT module (if any) ?

Good to know. Yes, official Enertion BT module, HM-10. Upon further inspection, of the 3 wires going from the BT module to the FOCBOX, the one that goes to “Signal” on the FOCBOX is chafed through the insulation and shows exposed copper. The strands inside seem to be intact, but it has definitely seen some chafing. Unfortunately, these BT wires are soldered to the FOCBOX and I don’t have the right tools to replace it at the solder point. Maybe I can crimp a little jumper across the damaged portion.

Should there not be 4 wires from bt module to Vesc

@emmaanuel my HM10 modul is not listed in the app.

The HM10 modul works fine with app from @twan so there is everything functioning and connected right to the VESC. I connected with a BLE Scanner to the modul. Even than it´s not listed in your app. Maybe I need to change some settings?

Hi Andy, Should work. Be sure is not already used by another app. Send me the debug logsif you need more help.

Thx! That was the problem. I deleted the other app, after I got connection👌 One more general question I have. My Bluetooth modul is connection to the master vesc. If I change motor settings by the app, the slave will be updated too? I have the old 2.18 firmware and 4.12 hw.

So I got my new BT module in and I tried 2 different ones. I actually picked up the one @DAddYE listed.

After wiring it in and it connects just like the old one did but it never moves past this screen. Is there a setting I am missing to keep it from functioning?

Make sure TX is connected to RX on the Vesc and RX to TX on the Vesc.

Search again in the settings and select the BH5 Bluetooth device.

Give a try with the Esk8matics app as well.

Also make sure the transmission rate is set to 9600

Set can forward to off. You slide this to on only when you have dual and wish to change the settings on the other vesc. This will not show live data from the other vesc.

If you have dual vesc, you slide this to on and enter id1 if the slave is set to id1 and the module is connected to the master.