New TB110 Really Big Wheels

Great, thanks! I thought id be having to wait for the next batch so thats good news :slight_smile: . Looking forward to recieving order #18666!!

Def something weird going on with your printer. It’s weird that the print quality looks good but it it’s not concentric from top to bottom. Maybe one axis is loosing steps over time? Normally it’s easy to see lost steps if it happens suddenly.

Can you try printing a simple large cylinder to see if x and y are in proportion?

1 Like

I did reslice it on cura and printed again and now it is concentric. the bearing seat is a bit too tight so i may widen it just a hair. Now to switch over to PETG and make a real print

Finish remixing your file. Made it a 36t and opened up the hole a bit to fit a flanged 608zz bearing

It actually came out pretty good now to make a 32t version.

20190501_050835 20190501_050850

Here is the file if anyone wants to print.

5 Likes

The model looks good. I printed one just to check fitment and was truly impressed with how solid the fit is. I’m curious how you settled on 39 teeth?

Honestly don’t remember why, I recycled the tooth pattern from pulley I designed almost 2 years ago. I think maybe it was just to get a nice belt fitment with a setup I had back then.

I can adjust the amount of teeth in CAD its just I wanted to get these wheels on the road as fast as possible so it was quicker to just use the size I had already.

I think I want to do a 42t version for some more torque.

1 Like

20190501_235928 20190501_235935

10 Likes

Weird i printed a 100% infill PETG pulley last night and the print came out okay but it was weaker then my PLA 20% infill pulleys. I had a layer seperation during the bearing install. It may have been because i printed with no supports this time. Im having a hard time sticking PETG support to the bed but the print it self sticks fine

Thinking of trying a raft to help stick supports.

I find slowing down first layer a lot helps with petg. Like 10mm/s if I’m having trouble, via front panel live adjust.

And supports are really hard to remove with petg. Maybe it’s just slic3r’s supports…

1 Like

Im going to try a raft this time, i started a print with a brim and the outside supports were printing fine but the inside supports for the bearing seat wont stick to even sanded and alchohol cleaned blue paintera tape. I guess the supports are very delicate in assuming a raft will solve my problem. For now ill ride my PLA pullies till they break or deform. So far so good.

1 Like

I pre ordered a set today on your website. Are they going to be ready in like a month or two, or sooner? I’m only asking so I know to get another set of wheels while I wait for the 110’s. Thanks.

@RedBaron They are in stock. They should of been shipped out already.

4 Likes

Sick! Great work, can’t wait to ride them.

1 Like

Torqueboards has awesome customer service when I was bugging him about the wheels, dude is on top of his game

5 Likes

I’m definitely becoming a fan.

Are there DD in stock too?

1 Like

@lazarus - no :sob:

After riding a bunch of the prototypes, I can say I am very, very happy with how these turned out. Definitely my favorite e-longboard wheel by far.

20190426_191628

17 Likes

evolve DKP front trucks only? :o

3 Likes

Seems like a great idea, I dont know why I havnt seen it on here before :face_with_monocle:

1 Like