New TB110 Really Big Wheels

:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :sob:

Normally I have spare belts in my backpack but I just changed ratio to get these new wheels on. Only had two pieces of the belt that fit. And only had these worn to shit motor pulleys at the time. New pulleys arrived next day. :expressionless:

5 Likes

This is the corner in question, where before I would get zero traction on the blind person bumps and drift mid corner. Now there is still some traction available over the bumps.

The blind person tiles are in the direction of travel and it’s quite off camber. I come from the road turning heel side. The road is smooth and down hill so I can hit this corner as fast as I want, but its also blind into potential pedestrians, so I go like half speed.

IMG_3178

While I do feel safer having much more available traction I feel there is at least one situation where it could be more dangerous.

Since you have much more traction in general you can go around corners a lot faster, but if your mid corner and you hit an unexpected patch of sand or other slippery surface condition your going to go from lots a traction to none very fast.

So I would advise people to be carefull with the extra grip and watch out for changing road conditions, especially around corners where you can’t really see until your there.

2 Likes

You know those arrows you go over in Mario Kart that give you a speed boost? Well this is like that in real life, but instead of a speed boost, it makes you drift. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

So it’s more like the banana :banana:

4 Likes

Lots of tiny bananas of vibrational death. :banana::banana::banana:

2 Likes

:banana: Yeah why are they yellow if they are for blind people? :banana:

2 Likes

I found a funny fact about these wheels, if you spin them up on the bench you can see the outer side near the print grow from the centrifugal force! :tornado:

14 Likes

Did you ever design the pulley?

Im going to mess with Tinkercad today there is a 36t file online with the proper flanged bearing seat i just need to mod it to make the prongs a bit thicker to fit the flipped cores.

Yes I did and have been using it, so far works perfectly.

The spacing is designed around 6009 bearings that fit 10mm axles, they are 6mm wide as opposed to 608 bearings that are 7mm wide. See the red spacer is 5mm, if you changed that for a 4mm spacer is should still work for 608 bearings.

Also the prongs fit the larger inside kegel holes of this batch of wheels.

Its 39 tooth also, and for 15mm belts. Although I plan to make a 40t and 42t version when I get some time.

5 Likes

Anyone have compassion reviews between these and Abec11 107mm superfly?

1 Like

I dont usually use 39t bull ill try it out. Thanks for the link.

I have two boards that are nearly identical except one has TB110 and one has Superfly. I much prefer the TB110.

2 Likes

I ordered another set, @torqueboards whats the eta?

Printing a test pulley now if it fits right im going to print again in PETG 100% infill might even try my carbon fiber pc.

Screenshot_20190429-202943_Chrome

Im hoping to have 2 working pulleys to finally try these wheels out ive been missing out. What material did you print in?

I hope it turns out well, mine are printed on a SLA printer with a material they just call “rigid”. It’s designed without any printer tolerance so you might have issue if the material has shrinkage. I think most of the geometry is quite simple for printing though so it’s probably only the bearing seat that might come out tight.

1 Like

Wow came out absolutley perfect 20190430_044815 20190430_044945

If you dont mind may i modify your pulley design to make a 32t and 36t?

5 Likes

Sure that’s why I uploaded a .stp so people can mod it. How does the bearing fit?

3 Likes

The bearing printed a bit off center in the top layers of the bearing seat. Also noticed the prongs are a bit off center too its off to one side a bit. May have been my printer that messed up while i was asleep. Looks great may have to print another to see if the same issues arrise in the same spots. 20190430_052957 20190430_053003

3 Likes

I went to test ride mine for the first time today (belts arrived). I like them a lot. I could ride with a decent level of comfort even over the surface that would turn my board into a vibrator with the MBS 100 wheels that I used before. Thanks to @Idea for making really big 48T pulleys for me. The 15:48 gear ratio works well for me with 190 kV motors. Plenty of torque and still enough speed.

IMG_1855

DSC02150

29 Likes

@Mudders - Should be shipped out today if you ordered.

1 Like