New TB110 Really Big Wheels

@rey8801 lol let’s hope that doesn’t happen for anyone :sob:

well that explains our conversation the other day :joy:

standard shipping (1-2 weeks) - 7eu or UPS express (2-3 days ) - 29 EU.

1 Like

yeh I can imagine that such a small detail is quite a pain in ass for you that orders so many wheels. If would it be in the other way round, people could just drill slightly bigger holes to fit the bigger spoke. In this case I think the best temporary solution is bolted pulley or heat shrink. Since the other side is smaller the heat shrink won’t slide off form the front side.

1 Like

No matter how tight I make it theres still a lot of play in the pulley, And theres nothing I can do about it because the holes are too big on the inside, But on the one that has the core flipped it works perfect.

2 Likes

you can see what I wrote. I designed a lot of pulleys and that what happend.

2 Likes

Heatshrink😉 as @rey8801 said

@yelnats8j

3 Likes

I checked 2 sets of TB110 and 2 sets of popocas, all mine are aligned the same way. The front holes are narrower than the rear holes. There’s a step where they meet, shown in photos above, that’s even narrower. Sounds like fatboy is dimensioned for the narrow side and everyone else for the wide side. Maybe the general solution for a good fit is to make the pulley spokes for the wide side, and drill out the holes in the core… Although I don’t know if drill bits come in fine enough steps. But as long as it’s not clicking back and forth it’s tight enough, right?

I actually don’t have any spoked kegel pulleys onhand. I’m working with @rey8801 on his adapters. @torqueboards I’m gonna keep dicking around a bit more and try to figure things out. I’ll contact via email if it’s not working out.

I do have the TB DD on order, and am concerned about the fit there.

Thanks for checking it out. So either TB spokes are thicker, or they’re long enough to engage the narrowest part.

I do think heatshrink could work, and the narrow ring (weld line? flashing?) will hold it in place.

2 Likes

if @torqueboards confirms that all the wheels will be made like it is now we can make the spokes for the thicker holes and in case drill when they are flipped. Some standards have to be decide otherwise is a mess :grin:

I see. Well then it’s weird that most of the kegel pulley I saw they use the narrow holes as reference and not because they are long enough to contact the other side. For instance BKB pulleys showed by @yelnats8j are like that. I do not think they were not tested deeply before make it. Something changed, before the narrow holes where at the back.

1 Like

I gotta say the wheels are big and fluffy and gorgeous. We’re lucky to have so many great options.

7 Likes

yeh I would like to use them as well. When a GB to for EU? US folks always forget about us :sweat_smile: You should think about a smaller warehouse in EU. You can order on US website but shipped from EU, usually companies choose Germany for external warehouse. If you choose Belgium I would be even happier :laughing:

3 Likes

So… actually I just tested again about 20 wheels and it does look like this batch might have the cores flipped. So large end is on the inside wheel side.

Future batches will most definetly be narrow side on the inside. I’ve even designed my pulleys in this way.

So unfortunately… the fix would be using heatshrink to seal that added gap if you are using a press-fit pulley.

I’ll let the manufacturer know that way they don’t f’ shit up for anyone else. lol The standard should be narrow inside.

I’ll fill anyone in if things happen to change but so far that’s the assumption.

11 Likes

After more testing the BKB pulleys wont fit the tight side either they dont push all the way in.

We need other pulleys tested

If you have a big set of drill bits, you can wiggle them in and kind of see what’s going on.

1 Like

We’ll it will be harder to test on these wheels specifically because the frontside of our 110s are huge… no pulley will fit on the front end lol due to the size esp a 36t.

I have tested a few of our prototypes and our pulleys click in using the narrow side as inside wheel. I’ve also tested with some otang wheels.

Hey @torqueboards maybe a discount for another set for the anal retentive flipped core owners, to make two good 2wd sets? :wink:

2 Likes

@deucesdown perhaps :smile:

2 Likes

Man just got the wheels, same thing happened to me too. All 4 wheels. Like @deucesdown described. BKB pulley here too.

Should I send an email to you? @torqueboards

1 Like

@b264 mentioned the longer pronged pullies such as the ones from @3DServisas don’t have an issue here because they are long enough tp go through the wider diameter portion into the properly fit other side.

I think.

I hope.

6 Likes

If they are long enough they will do the trick.