New TB110 Really Big Wheels

Soon we’re finalizing on the pneumy :slight_smile: @Holyman92

5 Likes

I cant wait lol… but i have the perfect boars for them rocking some 6880’s

1 Like

God i love these… These are by far my favorite looking pneumatic wheels yet. I’d give my left arm to be in the test group for these. ( it doesn’t work great but still) Any idea when we’ll see these on the market?

1 Like

@Skunk We accept right arms… :raising_hand_man:

1.5-2 months hopefully :smile:

8 Likes

@torqueboards my first set, all 4 are all loose on the back side, snug from the front. The pulley insert I’m playing with, has a lot of play in rotation inserted in the rear (lol sounds naughty). No play inserted on the side with the print. Doesn’t seem like they’ll work with existing pulleys that don’t clamp with screws.

If you look into the spoke holes, you can see some lines, what looks like a bit of flashing, on the tight side. So it’s easy to see visually, without testing with a pulley.

2 Likes

@deucesdown If that is the case. We’ll have to swap some new ones for you. Please send us an email. :man_facepalming:

8 Likes

You have to have the press fit on with the bearings to push it in to the wheel to hold it on.

Thats what I was told

3 Likes

The @3DServisas insert pulleys fit these very well, but the same pulleys are super-super-tight in the prototypes.

3 Likes

@torqueboards how’s the fit on the new direct drives?

@deucesdown They fit perfectly fine. I’ll check tomorrow to see if the 110 cores differ from each other. Did you confirm it was an actual kegel core insert issue or just a press-fit pulley issue? There’s two different topics we’re all discussing. Just to confirm we’re all on the same page. :smile:

1 Like

Can I recommend #C0FFEE

2 Likes

I like #00C0FF better than #C0FFEE but both are nice.

4 Likes

How about #0088CC ? Its this forum ‘reply button’ color? Tho I’m liking it a lot.

Anyone have 2 of the 3d servisas kegel core part of the pulley they are willing to sell? Not the whole pulley, just the kegel core part. I want to run a set of these on a geqr drive I have from them.

Did you mean it ?

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_d65

7 Likes

Yasss!

How long would it take to get a pair? And what does just that cost?

1 Like

@deucesdown I checked a lot of the wheels and for what I was mentioning there doesn’t seem to be any issue. All the kegel cores are in the correct position. Your issue might just be the press-fit pulley thing.

@neiru37 @b264 - I’m liking the #00C0FF best.

3 Likes

@torqueboards i have seen the same happened with Popoca. Since the Kegel core is not symmetrical, the last batch of wheels go the core randomly installed in the other direction having the normal front side with bigger holes, about 5.8mm, at the rear side. Normally Kegel pulleys have 5.4mm spoke diameter that snug fit in the wheels. Would you correct that in future batch or you can not control on which side of the Kegel core is used at the rear side? Maybe something changed at the production level and they didn’t notice that, but it’s definitely present.

I think that the problem can easy be solved by heat shrink the 5.4mm spokes to reach the slightly bigger diameter of the other side.

Thanks!

EDIT: I am not talking about wheels/core integrity. That won’t be affect at all, just pulley wise.

2 Likes

@rey8801 Yeah, that’s exactly what I was talking about. Yeah, most definitely will change it. Thanks for that tip. :smile:

2 Likes

Maybe someone at the factory changed, like a new employer and he/she didn’t know…result thousands of reverse kegel :sweat_smile:

1 Like