New TB110 Really Big Wheels

I know that, one of the wheels actually press fits because the core seems to be reversed.

1 Like

oh no :scream:

Post pictures maybe? o.O

https://youtu.be/_OCqLR6YOAU This is how 3 of them are loose where it should press in tight on the wrong side https://youtu.be/W8-Jzw8jr8s This is the 1 that works well with press fit

1 Like

Super weird :open_mouth:

@torqueboards

1 Like

So this isnt normal?

1 Like

I cant speak for Dexter, but IMO absolutely not normalā€¦ :rofl:

Theres not even like aā€¦ different kegal core right?

I know there are two variants of the ABEC core, one that allows for certain pulleys on wheels and one that wont allow other types :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

There kegel core?

1 Like

Press fit pulleys arenā€™t supposed to stay in with friction, they are held together with the nut on the end of the axle.

8 Likes

I thats what I thought, but I remebered being told otherwise.

Thank you for clearing it up.

1 Like

E: I was mistaking core depth for it actually being a different core.

Doesnt apply here, woops =ā€™)

looks the same I experience with popoca. I have popoca from last summer, tight fit with classic pulleys No the new batch from this months have the holes way bigger. They need 5.8mm spoke diameter to be tight fit. Try to press the pulley from the other side, the front of the wheels, if that works is the same as popoca. Do not know what happened with kegel core from China.

My BKB press fit pulleys can be slided out with the nut on. The pulley slides out of the bearing because is shared with the wheel. Is that a design flaw?

The most important factor is does the pulley play once into the wheels or you can turn it without play?

@yelnats8j - Front and rear side of these kegel cores are different. They arenā€™t exactly symmetrical on both sides.

I do also know that Iā€™ve received other similar kegel type cores with the actual wheel core flipped. Iā€™m assuming itā€™s someone at the warehouse that doesnā€™t know the difference. If that is the case, Iā€™d just swap the wheel and use the pulley on a different wheel.

Non ESK8 wise, it wouldnā€™t matter if the core is flipped. So the bad one use for front wheels non-motorized wheels. Seems like a very small mistake but it does happen. Iā€™ll make sure to mention it next time around.

This is also separate from the press fit but kinda similar if your press fit pulleys donā€™t fit the same over the wheels.

3 Likes

Surely this will be ironed out at the factory for future releases? :thinking:

5 Likes

@anon64938381 Yeah, most def.

4 Likes

20190329_122040

So nice and much wider than Superflys

16 Likes

I wish I could get rid of my 107s so I could have a reason to get your wheels :sob::joy:

1 Like

Not sure; I donā€™t have any of the BKB ones. Iā€™ve messed with enertion, 3D Servisas, and Evolve press-fit pulleys. Theyā€™re all held by the axle nut that holds the wheel on, and speed washers.

3 Likes

Then theres the pnuemy guys (like myself) waiting for the nice tires :drooling_face:

4 Likes